Dec 22, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
Our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Free Darko’s Bethlehem Shoals is blogging the NBA season over at GQ. I know that mag is your browser home page anyway, but be sure to check out his work as the season moves on. You’ll be smarter for it.
Mexico native Gustavo Ayon may be joining the New Orleans Hornets.
The Pacers home arena has a new name. Going to take some getting used to.
Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are going to be very good this year, no doubt. But how good the Clippers are may depend on how good DeAndre Jordan becomes — he will key their defense and get good looks on offense. Jordan had 14 points, seven boards, a steal and three blocks against the Lakers Wednesday.
David Stern talks more about blocking the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers. I still don’t buy what he’s selling.
Stephon Marbury has become a mature team leader in China? Apparently so.
Yes, it was an exhibition game, but who hit the game winner for the veteran Spurs Wednesday? Rookie Kawhi Leonard. Sweet little 20-foot jumper.
Have you seen the Raptors camouflage alternate uniforms? That’s just ugly.
Charles Barkley on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. He’s dropped 50 pounds. He still says Barkley like things.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 0
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 0
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 24
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15