Dec 22, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
Our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Free Darko’s Bethlehem Shoals is blogging the NBA season over at GQ. I know that mag is your browser home page anyway, but be sure to check out his work as the season moves on. You’ll be smarter for it.
Mexico native Gustavo Ayon may be joining the New Orleans Hornets.
The Pacers home arena has a new name. Going to take some getting used to.
Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are going to be very good this year, no doubt. But how good the Clippers are may depend on how good DeAndre Jordan becomes — he will key their defense and get good looks on offense. Jordan had 14 points, seven boards, a steal and three blocks against the Lakers Wednesday.
David Stern talks more about blocking the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers. I still don’t buy what he’s selling.
Stephon Marbury has become a mature team leader in China? Apparently so.
Yes, it was an exhibition game, but who hit the game winner for the veteran Spurs Wednesday? Rookie Kawhi Leonard. Sweet little 20-foot jumper.
Have you seen the Raptors camouflage alternate uniforms? That’s just ugly.
Charles Barkley on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. He’s dropped 50 pounds. He still says Barkley like things.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 23
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49