Dec 22, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
Our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Free Darko’s Bethlehem Shoals is blogging the NBA season over at GQ. I know that mag is your browser home page anyway, but be sure to check out his work as the season moves on. You’ll be smarter for it.
Mexico native Gustavo Ayon may be joining the New Orleans Hornets.
The Pacers home arena has a new name. Going to take some getting used to.
Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are going to be very good this year, no doubt. But how good the Clippers are may depend on how good DeAndre Jordan becomes — he will key their defense and get good looks on offense. Jordan had 14 points, seven boards, a steal and three blocks against the Lakers Wednesday.
David Stern talks more about blocking the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers. I still don’t buy what he’s selling.
Stephon Marbury has become a mature team leader in China? Apparently so.
Yes, it was an exhibition game, but who hit the game winner for the veteran Spurs Wednesday? Rookie Kawhi Leonard. Sweet little 20-foot jumper.
Have you seen the Raptors camouflage alternate uniforms? That’s just ugly.
Charles Barkley on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. He’s dropped 50 pounds. He still says Barkley like things.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 12
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 15
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2