Dec 22, 2011, 8:44 AM EDT
But some other sources talked to the Sacramento Bee.
I am still working for further confirmation, but I have been told by two sources close to the situation that Chuck Hayes failed his physical exam because he was diagnosed with Pericarditis, an inflammation of the sac that surrounds the heart.
Pericarditis is serious — potentially life threatening if ignored — but also is treatable by medication.
Hayes may well not be back for this NBA season, but if this is treatable he should be back next season. Which is good for us — the league needs more guys like Hayes who get the most out of their talent and who relish doing the little things right.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 5
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 39
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?