Dec 22, 2011, 8:44 AM EDT
But some other sources talked to the Sacramento Bee.
I am still working for further confirmation, but I have been told by two sources close to the situation that Chuck Hayes failed his physical exam because he was diagnosed with Pericarditis, an inflammation of the sac that surrounds the heart.
Pericarditis is serious — potentially life threatening if ignored — but also is treatable by medication.
Hayes may well not be back for this NBA season, but if this is treatable he should be back next season. Which is good for us — the league needs more guys like Hayes who get the most out of their talent and who relish doing the little things right.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48