Dec 22, 2011, 8:44 AM EDT
But some other sources talked to the Sacramento Bee.
I am still working for further confirmation, but I have been told by two sources close to the situation that Chuck Hayes failed his physical exam because he was diagnosed with Pericarditis, an inflammation of the sac that surrounds the heart.
Pericarditis is serious — potentially life threatening if ignored — but also is treatable by medication.
Hayes may well not be back for this NBA season, but if this is treatable he should be back next season. Which is good for us — the league needs more guys like Hayes who get the most out of their talent and who relish doing the little things right.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 3
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38