Dec 22, 2011, 8:07 AM EDT
Eddy Curry is going to pull an NBA paycheck this season.
I know. I thought the only thing Curry would pull this year is another beer out of the refrigerator, but he has slimmed down and is getting a legit chance in Miami, tweets Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Erik Spoelstra essentially says Eddy Curry has made roster. “The idea when we brought Eddy to camp was to think big picture.”
He apparently did not mean “big picture” ironically.
This season bench depth is going to matter more than ever thanks to the condensed schedule, which means Curry at some point is going to get his shot at redemption. We’ll see if he ends up a cartoon, in a cartoon graveyard.
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Reports: Jason Kidd finalizes deal, will be Nets new coach (62)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'