Dec 22, 2011, 8:07 AM EDT
Eddy Curry is going to pull an NBA paycheck this season.
I know. I thought the only thing Curry would pull this year is another beer out of the refrigerator, but he has slimmed down and is getting a legit chance in Miami, tweets Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Erik Spoelstra essentially says Eddy Curry has made roster. “The idea when we brought Eddy to camp was to think big picture.”
He apparently did not mean “big picture” ironically.
This season bench depth is going to matter more than ever thanks to the condensed schedule, which means Curry at some point is going to get his shot at redemption. We’ll see if he ends up a cartoon, in a cartoon graveyard.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 7
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 5
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10