Dec 22, 2011, 8:07 AM EST
Eddy Curry is going to pull an NBA paycheck this season.
I know. I thought the only thing Curry would pull this year is another beer out of the refrigerator, but he has slimmed down and is getting a legit chance in Miami, tweets Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Erik Spoelstra essentially says Eddy Curry has made roster. “The idea when we brought Eddy to camp was to think big picture.”
He apparently did not mean “big picture” ironically.
This season bench depth is going to matter more than ever thanks to the condensed schedule, which means Curry at some point is going to get his shot at redemption. We’ll see if he ends up a cartoon, in a cartoon graveyard.
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson swap 0
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 13
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36