Dec 22, 2011, 8:07 AM EDT
Eddy Curry is going to pull an NBA paycheck this season.
I know. I thought the only thing Curry would pull this year is another beer out of the refrigerator, but he has slimmed down and is getting a legit chance in Miami, tweets Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Erik Spoelstra essentially says Eddy Curry has made roster. “The idea when we brought Eddy to camp was to think big picture.”
He apparently did not mean “big picture” ironically.
This season bench depth is going to matter more than ever thanks to the condensed schedule, which means Curry at some point is going to get his shot at redemption. We’ll see if he ends up a cartoon, in a cartoon graveyard.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 6
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 5
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 34
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 9
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40