Dec 22, 2011, 8:07 AM EDT
Eddy Curry is going to pull an NBA paycheck this season.
I know. I thought the only thing Curry would pull this year is another beer out of the refrigerator, but he has slimmed down and is getting a legit chance in Miami, tweets Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
Erik Spoelstra essentially says Eddy Curry has made roster. “The idea when we brought Eddy to camp was to think big picture.”
He apparently did not mean “big picture” ironically.
This season bench depth is going to matter more than ever thanks to the condensed schedule, which means Curry at some point is going to get his shot at redemption. We’ll see if he ends up a cartoon, in a cartoon graveyard.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 2
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 19
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 20
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25