Dec 22, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
So while he sat in street clothes wearing a splint Wednesday night, his teammates were not buying it.
Check out these quotes from the Lakers, via Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
“He’ll cut his wrist off and play with one before he misses Sunday,” Fisher said late Wednesday night….
“I think Kobe will play,” Andrew Bynum said. “It takes a lot for him to miss a game.”
Does anybody really expect Kobe to sit the nationally televised opener out? Now, if he keeps shooting even though the torn ligament in his wrist has thrown his shot off is another thing all together. But he will play.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 16
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10