Dec 22, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
So while he sat in street clothes wearing a splint Wednesday night, his teammates were not buying it.
Check out these quotes from the Lakers, via Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
“He’ll cut his wrist off and play with one before he misses Sunday,” Fisher said late Wednesday night….
“I think Kobe will play,” Andrew Bynum said. “It takes a lot for him to miss a game.”
Does anybody really expect Kobe to sit the nationally televised opener out? Now, if he keeps shooting even though the torn ligament in his wrist has thrown his shot off is another thing all together. But he will play.
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 9
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 21
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 45