Dec 22, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
So while he sat in street clothes wearing a splint Wednesday night, his teammates were not buying it.
Check out these quotes from the Lakers, via Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
“He’ll cut his wrist off and play with one before he misses Sunday,” Fisher said late Wednesday night….
“I think Kobe will play,” Andrew Bynum said. “It takes a lot for him to miss a game.”
Does anybody really expect Kobe to sit the nationally televised opener out? Now, if he keeps shooting even though the torn ligament in his wrist has thrown his shot off is another thing all together. But he will play.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2