Dec 22, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
So while he sat in street clothes wearing a splint Wednesday night, his teammates were not buying it.
Check out these quotes from the Lakers, via Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
“He’ll cut his wrist off and play with one before he misses Sunday,” Fisher said late Wednesday night….
“I think Kobe will play,” Andrew Bynum said. “It takes a lot for him to miss a game.”
Does anybody really expect Kobe to sit the nationally televised opener out? Now, if he keeps shooting even though the torn ligament in his wrist has thrown his shot off is another thing all together. But he will play.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 3
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 21
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 27
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6