Dec 21, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
The woman accusing Monta Ellis and the Golden State Warriors of sexual harassment filed a lawsuit in Oakland Wednesday — a suit that includes the allegation the Warriors star texted her pictures of his genitals among other harassing measures.
Erika Ross Smith, the Warriors former director of community relations, alleges in the suit Ellis started texting her several times a day starting in November 2010 and when she complained to Warriors management her job title was changed and she was eventually fired.
So far, the Warriors and Ellis have yet to comment on the lawsuit or allegations. These alleged incidents did take place under the current ownership of the Warriors, after the sale of the team last year.
The text messages from Ellis are the center of the lawsuit, as Matt Steinmetz at CSNBayArea.com explains. In addition to the alleged photo of genitalia Ellis tried to propose sexual encounters and texted things such as “I want to be with you,” according to the lawsuit.
“On a micro level, my client has endured unwanted harassment, has suffered and continues to suffer emotional distress and trauma,” Smith’s lawyer said. “On a macro level, this type of conduct, especially in the sports world, must stop.”
Smith’s attorney said she rejected Ellis’ sexual advances.
Ellis, one of the better pure scorers in the game, led the Warriors 24.1 points per game last season. He has three years, $23 million remaining on his contract.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 17
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2