Dec 21, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
The woman accusing Monta Ellis and the Golden State Warriors of sexual harassment filed a lawsuit in Oakland Wednesday — a suit that includes the allegation the Warriors star texted her pictures of his genitals among other harassing measures.
Erika Ross Smith, the Warriors former director of community relations, alleges in the suit Ellis started texting her several times a day starting in November 2010 and when she complained to Warriors management her job title was changed and she was eventually fired.
So far, the Warriors and Ellis have yet to comment on the lawsuit or allegations. These alleged incidents did take place under the current ownership of the Warriors, after the sale of the team last year.
The text messages from Ellis are the center of the lawsuit, as Matt Steinmetz at CSNBayArea.com explains. In addition to the alleged photo of genitalia Ellis tried to propose sexual encounters and texted things such as “I want to be with you,” according to the lawsuit.
“On a micro level, my client has endured unwanted harassment, has suffered and continues to suffer emotional distress and trauma,” Smith’s lawyer said. “On a macro level, this type of conduct, especially in the sports world, must stop.”
Smith’s attorney said she rejected Ellis’ sexual advances.
Ellis, one of the better pure scorers in the game, led the Warriors 24.1 points per game last season. He has three years, $23 million remaining on his contract.
- George Hill not yet cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks, remains a game-time decision 0
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 20
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 16
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 53
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Watch live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay