Dec 21, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
The woman accusing Monta Ellis and the Golden State Warriors of sexual harassment filed a lawsuit in Oakland Wednesday — a suit that includes the allegation the Warriors star texted her pictures of his genitals among other harassing measures.
Erika Ross Smith, the Warriors former director of community relations, alleges in the suit Ellis started texting her several times a day starting in November 2010 and when she complained to Warriors management her job title was changed and she was eventually fired.
So far, the Warriors and Ellis have yet to comment on the lawsuit or allegations. These alleged incidents did take place under the current ownership of the Warriors, after the sale of the team last year.
The text messages from Ellis are the center of the lawsuit, as Matt Steinmetz at CSNBayArea.com explains. In addition to the alleged photo of genitalia Ellis tried to propose sexual encounters and texted things such as “I want to be with you,” according to the lawsuit.
“On a micro level, my client has endured unwanted harassment, has suffered and continues to suffer emotional distress and trauma,” Smith’s lawyer said. “On a macro level, this type of conduct, especially in the sports world, must stop.”
Smith’s attorney said she rejected Ellis’ sexual advances.
Ellis, one of the better pure scorers in the game, led the Warriors 24.1 points per game last season. He has three years, $23 million remaining on his contract.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85