Dec 21, 2011, 11:14 AM EDT
Our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
If you want to be the smartest NBA fan on the block — or the virtual block — order the new Basketball Prospectus preview book that just came out. This is some of the smartest basketball writing you are going to find anywhere.
If you can’t wait until next summer, here are your top free agents for 2012.
Fewer people watched, but Richard Hamilton had a nice debut for the Bulls — 13 points on 6-of-12 shooting. I watched half of this game and Hamilton provided spacing the Bulls need. On one play the ball went into Joakim Noah in the post, Hamilton slid over to be an outlet and when his defender sagged off Noah hit Hamilton and a quick three was up and good.
Our line of the night goes to the Kings center DeMarcus Cousins: Six points, 10 rebounds, three steals — and nine turnovers.
What if, like with the English Permiere League, we let the free market determine where NBA teams can be located? (via TrueHoop)
Robert Horry is not really fond of people calling him “Big Shot Bob” (or Rob), but he was cool with Barack Obama doing it.
Jerome Randle is making quite a push to get his way on to the Mavericks roster.
Former UConn star Jeff Adrien has signed a two-year contract with the Rockets. The first season is partially guaranteed, the second not at all.
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 0
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 13
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 19
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36