Dec 21, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
Stephen Curry’s ankles remain a concern. Just not as big a one in the short term.
After an evaluation on Wednesday, Curry’s ankle didn’t show any ligament damage and he is considered day-to-day, reports Matt Steinmetz at CSNBayArea.com.
No decision has been made on if he will play Christmas night for the Warriors as they open against the Los Angeles Clippers.
Curry sprained his ankle just before halftime Tuesday and ended up on the floor in pain, having to be helped off the court by teammates.
Curry sprained his ankle a number of times last season, so he had offseason surgery to try and tighten up the ligaments and prevent these problems in the future. Which is why him not even making it through the preseason without a recurrence is a concern.
But at least for now things don’t look too bad. It’s the one bit of good news for the Warriors on Wednesday.
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 2
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6