Dec 21, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
Stephen Curry’s ankles remain a concern. Just not as big a one in the short term.
After an evaluation on Wednesday, Curry’s ankle didn’t show any ligament damage and he is considered day-to-day, reports Matt Steinmetz at CSNBayArea.com.
No decision has been made on if he will play Christmas night for the Warriors as they open against the Los Angeles Clippers.
Curry sprained his ankle just before halftime Tuesday and ended up on the floor in pain, having to be helped off the court by teammates.
Curry sprained his ankle a number of times last season, so he had offseason surgery to try and tighten up the ligaments and prevent these problems in the future. Which is why him not even making it through the preseason without a recurrence is a concern.
But at least for now things don’t look too bad. It’s the one bit of good news for the Warriors on Wednesday.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 19
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 29
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 37
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 32