Dec 21, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
The Houston Rockets got a big man. Finally.
Sources told ESPN.com that Dalembert has agreed to a two-year deal. The value of the contract was not immediately known.
Fox Sports Florida reported Tuesday night that Dalembert was on the verge of re-signing with the Sacramento Kings, but the Kings issued a news release Wednesday afternoon saying they had withdrawn their offer to Dalembert.
Twenty-four hours ago it had been the Rockets that said they were out of the running for Dalembert, who then seemed destined to return to Sacramento. Money was the issue for the Rockets, so either they had a change of heart or Dalembert saw what the Kings had to offer and suddenly the Rockets offer didn’t look so bad.
Houston is a borderline playoff team in a deep Western conference with Dalembert. He is a physical presence in the paint who provided the Kings 8 points and 8 rebounds a game last season. Houston will get scoring out of Kevin Martin and Kyle Lowry, they have the athletic Chase Budinger on the wing and now a solid front line with Luis Scola and Dalembert.
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 0
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 1
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 18
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 14
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 44
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement