Dec 21, 2011, 5:20 PM EST
The Houston Rockets got a big man. Finally.
Sources told ESPN.com that Dalembert has agreed to a two-year deal. The value of the contract was not immediately known.
Fox Sports Florida reported Tuesday night that Dalembert was on the verge of re-signing with the Sacramento Kings, but the Kings issued a news release Wednesday afternoon saying they had withdrawn their offer to Dalembert.
Twenty-four hours ago it had been the Rockets that said they were out of the running for Dalembert, who then seemed destined to return to Sacramento. Money was the issue for the Rockets, so either they had a change of heart or Dalembert saw what the Kings had to offer and suddenly the Rockets offer didn’t look so bad.
Houston is a borderline playoff team in a deep Western conference with Dalembert. He is a physical presence in the paint who provided the Kings 8 points and 8 rebounds a game last season. Houston will get scoring out of Kevin Martin and Kyle Lowry, they have the athletic Chase Budinger on the wing and now a solid front line with Luis Scola and Dalembert.
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 0
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 5
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 4
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)