Dec 21, 2011, 1:30 AM EST
UPDATE Dec. 21, 1:30 am: It’s official, Reggie Evans is a Clipper. The team has announced the deal.
This is a good signing by the Clips — it addresses a need with a player who does one thing exceptionally well at the NBA level. He doesn’t cost much, will come off the bench and Clipper fans will grow to love the grit.
The Clippers keep making all the right moves. Never thought I’d type that sentence.
Dec. 20, 11:37 pm: The Clippers have looked really good though one preseason game, which has Los Angeles (and the league) buzzing? How good can they really be?
Maybe we should wait for games that count to see how they are answering the questions still around this team. Like how well they will play defense and if Vinny Del Negro is the coach who can get them to do it? Or if Chauncey Billups can really play off the ball consistently (because Chris Paul is your PG)?
Another question is front line depth but Clips are trying to address that one — they are near a deal to sign rebounding machine Reggie Evans, according to the Los Angeles Times.
It would be a one-year deal for $1.3 million. The Celtics, Grizzlies, Nets and Kings were also said to be in the mix for Evans.
Evans grabbed 25.6 percent of the available rebounds when he was on the floor last season in Toronto (11.5 per game in 26 minutes). Think about that — one in four missed shots landed in Evans hands. That’s Rodman-like. It was the highest percentage in the league — but he only played in 30 games due to injury. He would be a great guy off the bench for the Clippers, scoring is not their issue but his solid play would be a good fit.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 1
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39