Dec 21, 2011, 9:58 AM EDT
Great start!!! Lost game and broken thumb!!! Awsome….last thing i need right now!!!!
I got to say one thing free throws looks better with broken thumb than with a healthy one:(
The injury happened on a Rudy Fernandez reach in. Gortat started the game, played nearly 25 minutes and had 14 points and eight rebounds. He didn’t play beyond midway through the third quarter, but none of the Suns starters did so it didn’t turn any heads.
Oh, and Gortat was 8-of-10 from the free throw line, so he’s right about that.
If or how long he’ll be out — or how this impacts anything other than his free throw shooting — is not yet known. Gortat doesn’t want to miss any time but he will be re-evaluated by doctors on Wednesday, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. Robin Lopez backs up Gortat in Phoenix.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 6
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 24
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31