Dec 21, 2011, 9:58 AM EST
Great start!!! Lost game and broken thumb!!! Awsome….last thing i need right now!!!!
I got to say one thing free throws looks better with broken thumb than with a healthy one:(
The injury happened on a Rudy Fernandez reach in. Gortat started the game, played nearly 25 minutes and had 14 points and eight rebounds. He didn’t play beyond midway through the third quarter, but none of the Suns starters did so it didn’t turn any heads.
Oh, and Gortat was 8-of-10 from the free throw line, so he’s right about that.
If or how long he’ll be out — or how this impacts anything other than his free throw shooting — is not yet known. Gortat doesn’t want to miss any time but he will be re-evaluated by doctors on Wednesday, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. Robin Lopez backs up Gortat in Phoenix.
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 6
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 11
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18