Dec 21, 2011, 9:58 AM EST
Great start!!! Lost game and broken thumb!!! Awsome….last thing i need right now!!!!
I got to say one thing free throws looks better with broken thumb than with a healthy one:(
The injury happened on a Rudy Fernandez reach in. Gortat started the game, played nearly 25 minutes and had 14 points and eight rebounds. He didn’t play beyond midway through the third quarter, but none of the Suns starters did so it didn’t turn any heads.
Oh, and Gortat was 8-of-10 from the free throw line, so he’s right about that.
If or how long he’ll be out — or how this impacts anything other than his free throw shooting — is not yet known. Gortat doesn’t want to miss any time but he will be re-evaluated by doctors on Wednesday, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. Robin Lopez backs up Gortat in Phoenix.
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 0
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 15
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 14
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35