Dec 21, 2011, 9:58 AM EDT
Great start!!! Lost game and broken thumb!!! Awsome….last thing i need right now!!!!
I got to say one thing free throws looks better with broken thumb than with a healthy one:(
The injury happened on a Rudy Fernandez reach in. Gortat started the game, played nearly 25 minutes and had 14 points and eight rebounds. He didn’t play beyond midway through the third quarter, but none of the Suns starters did so it didn’t turn any heads.
Oh, and Gortat was 8-of-10 from the free throw line, so he’s right about that.
If or how long he’ll be out — or how this impacts anything other than his free throw shooting — is not yet known. Gortat doesn’t want to miss any time but he will be re-evaluated by doctors on Wednesday, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. Robin Lopez backs up Gortat in Phoenix.
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 0
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6