Dec 21, 2011, 9:58 AM EDT
Great start!!! Lost game and broken thumb!!! Awsome….last thing i need right now!!!!
I got to say one thing free throws looks better with broken thumb than with a healthy one:(
The injury happened on a Rudy Fernandez reach in. Gortat started the game, played nearly 25 minutes and had 14 points and eight rebounds. He didn’t play beyond midway through the third quarter, but none of the Suns starters did so it didn’t turn any heads.
Oh, and Gortat was 8-of-10 from the free throw line, so he’s right about that.
If or how long he’ll be out — or how this impacts anything other than his free throw shooting — is not yet known. Gortat doesn’t want to miss any time but he will be re-evaluated by doctors on Wednesday, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. Robin Lopez backs up Gortat in Phoenix.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 2
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 7
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 3
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 44
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33