Dec 21, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
In a new poll of the least liked NBA players — conducted by Nielsen and E-Poll Market Research, so you know this is legit — Humphries topped even the two traditional black hat guys in the NBA as the league’s most disliked. And this wasn’t just a poll of the Kardashian family. Although apparently for much of America the Net forward came off as the bad guy in all this.
The rest of the top 10 — check it out at Forbes Magazine — is names you expect. It’s filled with guys who have had messy divorces from either their wives or teams. Tony Parker from Eva Longoria, Carmelo Anthony from the Knicks. A few guys just make the list because of the team they are on. That said, Paul Pierce makes the list and Kevin Garnett doesn’t from Boston confuses me, but I’ve never really understood how the American public makes decisions anyway.
Here is the complete Top 10 (only players who 10 percent of the American public were aware of could make the list, so everyone on the Pacers was safe).
1. Kris Humphries
2. LeBron James
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Tony Parker
5. Metta World Peace (the artist formerly known as Ron Artest)
6. Chris Bosh
7. Carmelo Anthony
8. Paul Pierce
9. Dwyane Wade
10. Lamar Odom
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 8
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 50
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 58
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 29
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 19
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 54
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3