Dec 21, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
In a new poll of the least liked NBA players — conducted by Nielsen and E-Poll Market Research, so you know this is legit — Humphries topped even the two traditional black hat guys in the NBA as the league’s most disliked. And this wasn’t just a poll of the Kardashian family. Although apparently for much of America the Net forward came off as the bad guy in all this.
The rest of the top 10 — check it out at Forbes Magazine — is names you expect. It’s filled with guys who have had messy divorces from either their wives or teams. Tony Parker from Eva Longoria, Carmelo Anthony from the Knicks. A few guys just make the list because of the team they are on. That said, Paul Pierce makes the list and Kevin Garnett doesn’t from Boston confuses me, but I’ve never really understood how the American public makes decisions anyway.
Here is the complete Top 10 (only players who 10 percent of the American public were aware of could make the list, so everyone on the Pacers was safe).
1. Kris Humphries
2. LeBron James
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Tony Parker
5. Metta World Peace (the artist formerly known as Ron Artest)
6. Chris Bosh
7. Carmelo Anthony
8. Paul Pierce
9. Dwyane Wade
10. Lamar Odom
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4