Dec 21, 2011, 10:54 AM EDT
This is a one-year contract worth a little more than $7 million. So, longer but not as lucrative as his marriage. Here are Humphries thoughts, via Andy Vasquez of the Bergen Record.
“I feel like I’m home, man.”
This is a good signing for Jersey as it gives them a solid inside presence — 10 points at an efficient 54.4 shooting percentage last year plus he pulled down boards at 10.4 per game, which made Brook Lopez look lazy — while preserving cap space for next year.
The Nets have their second preseason game Wednesday, Humphries may or may not get a little run in that, but he will be good to go for the season opener Dec. 26.
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (66)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'