Dec 20, 2011, 8:38 PM EDT
An e-mail from the law offices of Burton F. Boltuch said that on Wednesday, Dec. 21, a plaintiff will file the suit in Oakland at the Superior Court of Alameda County. The e-mail said a press conference will be held afterward to discuss the allegations….
According to the e-mail, Boltuch will discuss 14 allegations, including flagrant violations of California’s prohibition against sexual harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
It is not yet clear when the incidents in question took place — was this during the previous ownership of Chris Cohan or the new owners Joe Lacob and Peter Guber. It also is not yet known what the woman’s role with the team was. Warriors officials and Ellis did not speak to media Tuesday.
Remember that Madison Square Garden ended up losing a sexual harassment lawsuit against Isiah Thomas, a case where the plaintiff was awarded $11.6 million (but was settled before appeal). That case not only cost MSG a lot of money but also dragged the Knicks reputation through some very public mud.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48