Dec 20, 2011, 8:38 PM EDT
An e-mail from the law offices of Burton F. Boltuch said that on Wednesday, Dec. 21, a plaintiff will file the suit in Oakland at the Superior Court of Alameda County. The e-mail said a press conference will be held afterward to discuss the allegations….
According to the e-mail, Boltuch will discuss 14 allegations, including flagrant violations of California’s prohibition against sexual harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
It is not yet clear when the incidents in question took place — was this during the previous ownership of Chris Cohan or the new owners Joe Lacob and Peter Guber. It also is not yet known what the woman’s role with the team was. Warriors officials and Ellis did not speak to media Tuesday.
Remember that Madison Square Garden ended up losing a sexual harassment lawsuit against Isiah Thomas, a case where the plaintiff was awarded $11.6 million (but was settled before appeal). That case not only cost MSG a lot of money but also dragged the Knicks reputation through some very public mud.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20