Dec 20, 2011, 8:38 PM EST
An e-mail from the law offices of Burton F. Boltuch said that on Wednesday, Dec. 21, a plaintiff will file the suit in Oakland at the Superior Court of Alameda County. The e-mail said a press conference will be held afterward to discuss the allegations….
According to the e-mail, Boltuch will discuss 14 allegations, including flagrant violations of California’s prohibition against sexual harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
It is not yet clear when the incidents in question took place — was this during the previous ownership of Chris Cohan or the new owners Joe Lacob and Peter Guber. It also is not yet known what the woman’s role with the team was. Warriors officials and Ellis did not speak to media Tuesday.
Remember that Madison Square Garden ended up losing a sexual harassment lawsuit against Isiah Thomas, a case where the plaintiff was awarded $11.6 million (but was settled before appeal). That case not only cost MSG a lot of money but also dragged the Knicks reputation through some very public mud.
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 0
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 7
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24