Dec 20, 2011, 8:38 PM EST
An e-mail from the law offices of Burton F. Boltuch said that on Wednesday, Dec. 21, a plaintiff will file the suit in Oakland at the Superior Court of Alameda County. The e-mail said a press conference will be held afterward to discuss the allegations….
According to the e-mail, Boltuch will discuss 14 allegations, including flagrant violations of California’s prohibition against sexual harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
It is not yet clear when the incidents in question took place — was this during the previous ownership of Chris Cohan or the new owners Joe Lacob and Peter Guber. It also is not yet known what the woman’s role with the team was. Warriors officials and Ellis did not speak to media Tuesday.
Remember that Madison Square Garden ended up losing a sexual harassment lawsuit against Isiah Thomas, a case where the plaintiff was awarded $11.6 million (but was settled before appeal). That case not only cost MSG a lot of money but also dragged the Knicks reputation through some very public mud.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 9
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18