Dec 20, 2011, 10:41 AM EDT
Our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Kevin Garnett went all Kevin Garnett and taunted a Raptor during a meaningless preseason game. Does this even shock us anymore?
George Karl says you don’t need a superstar to win an NBA title. He’s right, there are the 2004 Pistons. Of course, find another team in the last 30 years to fit that mold….
Jamal Crawford was running some point for the Blazers last night, and looked pretty solid doing it.
Paul Allen says he has no interest in selling the Trail Blazers.
Mike Brown likes being the coach of the Lakers (and he didn’t even get to date the boss’ daughter).
Sean Williams will be with the Mavericks this season.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 20
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14