Dec 20, 2011, 7:18 PM EDT
Maybe it was all about his back.
Jackson was cleared to practice Tuesday and will be back on the court with the team Wednesday, reports the Journal Sentinel.
But after a visit to orthopedic surgeon Bernard Rawlins in New York on Monday and receiving an epidural on Tuesday in Milwaukee, Jackson was cleared to return….
“I’ll be ready to play tomorrow, unless somebody tells me no,” Jackson said. “I wanted to practice today but I just took the shot this morning. It’s still preseason. The only thing I’m worried about is I’ve got four days to get ready to play that first game. If people expect me to go out there and get 40 points against Charlotte, that’s not my attitude. My attitude is going there and winning. My focus is getting ready to play against Charlotte, and I’ll be ready.”
The Bucks need Jackson to help turn around the worst offense in the NBA last season (101.6 points per possession was dead last). He’ll have a healthy Andrew Bogut and Brandon Jennings, plus he is not the ball stopper that Corey Maggette was last year.
But an epidural has to raise a red flag — that is a powerful painkiller, but it will not solve the problem itself. Something to monitor on the Bucks going forward.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 3
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 12
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination