Dec 20, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
Paul Pierce has a right heel injury, one that will keep him out of Wednesday’s preseason game against the Raptors. But a veteran missing a preseason game is not going to turn any heads.
But him missing the season opener against the Knicks would.
“I’m concerned; I’m not concerned long-term; but I am concerned short term.”
With Jeff Green out for the season, the Celtics are short on quality wing players — my apologies to the mothers of Marquis Daniels and Sasha Pavlovic — and the loss of PP for even a few games hurts. Especially against a division rival like New York.
We don’t know what is up, just a situation to monitor.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61