Dec 20, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
Paul Pierce has a right heel injury, one that will keep him out of Wednesday’s preseason game against the Raptors. But a veteran missing a preseason game is not going to turn any heads.
But him missing the season opener against the Knicks would.
“I’m concerned; I’m not concerned long-term; but I am concerned short term.”
With Jeff Green out for the season, the Celtics are short on quality wing players — my apologies to the mothers of Marquis Daniels and Sasha Pavlovic — and the loss of PP for even a few games hurts. Especially against a division rival like New York.
We don’t know what is up, just a situation to monitor.
- The Extra Pass: This season’s record number of threes is just the start 0
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 1
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 18
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 23
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69