Dec 20, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
Paul Pierce has a right heel injury, one that will keep him out of Wednesday’s preseason game against the Raptors. But a veteran missing a preseason game is not going to turn any heads.
But him missing the season opener against the Knicks would.
“I’m concerned; I’m not concerned long-term; but I am concerned short term.”
With Jeff Green out for the season, the Celtics are short on quality wing players — my apologies to the mothers of Marquis Daniels and Sasha Pavlovic — and the loss of PP for even a few games hurts. Especially against a division rival like New York.
We don’t know what is up, just a situation to monitor.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 4
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 25
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 22
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 28
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10