Dec 20, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
Paul Pierce has a right heel injury, one that will keep him out of Wednesday’s preseason game against the Raptors. But a veteran missing a preseason game is not going to turn any heads.
But him missing the season opener against the Knicks would.
“I’m concerned; I’m not concerned long-term; but I am concerned short term.”
With Jeff Green out for the season, the Celtics are short on quality wing players — my apologies to the mothers of Marquis Daniels and Sasha Pavlovic — and the loss of PP for even a few games hurts. Especially against a division rival like New York.
We don’t know what is up, just a situation to monitor.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16