Dec 20, 2011, 9:13 AM EDT
We knew it looked bad when it happened Saturday, and now the worst has been confirmed.
Arthur is a versatile backup big — he can play the four or the five, is comfortable in the lane or on the pick-and-pop. He’ll be tough to replace, but now the Grizzlies are in desperate need of a backup big man (they needed one before this injury). Problem is the pickings are slim.
Memphis is about to give an offer sheet to Bobcats restricted free agent Dante Cunningham and have had conversations with the 76ers about Marresse Speights, the paper reports.
Speights makes some sense for the Grizzlies on the court because he does bring size and some versatility, although he is no Arthur. The issue is the price would not be cheap — Xavier Henry and Greivis Vasquez, suggests the Commercial Appeal.
At this point, Memphis may not have a choice.
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 9
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 46
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16