Dec 20, 2011, 9:13 AM EST
We knew it looked bad when it happened Saturday, and now the worst has been confirmed.
Arthur is a versatile backup big — he can play the four or the five, is comfortable in the lane or on the pick-and-pop. He’ll be tough to replace, but now the Grizzlies are in desperate need of a backup big man (they needed one before this injury). Problem is the pickings are slim.
Memphis is about to give an offer sheet to Bobcats restricted free agent Dante Cunningham and have had conversations with the 76ers about Marresse Speights, the paper reports.
Speights makes some sense for the Grizzlies on the court because he does bring size and some versatility, although he is no Arthur. The issue is the price would not be cheap — Xavier Henry and Greivis Vasquez, suggests the Commercial Appeal.
At this point, Memphis may not have a choice.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11