Dec 20, 2011, 9:13 AM EDT
We knew it looked bad when it happened Saturday, and now the worst has been confirmed.
Arthur is a versatile backup big — he can play the four or the five, is comfortable in the lane or on the pick-and-pop. He’ll be tough to replace, but now the Grizzlies are in desperate need of a backup big man (they needed one before this injury). Problem is the pickings are slim.
Memphis is about to give an offer sheet to Bobcats restricted free agent Dante Cunningham and have had conversations with the 76ers about Marresse Speights, the paper reports.
Speights makes some sense for the Grizzlies on the court because he does bring size and some versatility, although he is no Arthur. The issue is the price would not be cheap — Xavier Henry and Greivis Vasquez, suggests the Commercial Appeal.
At this point, Memphis may not have a choice.
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 0
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 11
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 10
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25