Dec 19, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
B.J. Mullens is a guy who can’t get off the Thunder bench — he’s played in just 26 games over two years.
He’s going to get his chance now — Mullens has been traded to the Charlotte Bobcats to help out their depleted frontcourt, reports the Oklahoman. The Bobcats are sending back a second-round pick.
Charlotte came into today talking about all the minutes 6’8” Boris Diaw was going to get at center. Now they have both Mullens and rookie Bismack Biyombo to at least give them some size and depth up front. Quality remains to be seen, but it is some size and depth.
Mullens was the No. 24 pick overall of the Mavericks but was traded to the Thunder on draft night. It didn’t work out there, but now he gets his chance.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61