Dec 19, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
B.J. Mullens is a guy who can’t get off the Thunder bench — he’s played in just 26 games over two years.
He’s going to get his chance now — Mullens has been traded to the Charlotte Bobcats to help out their depleted frontcourt, reports the Oklahoman. The Bobcats are sending back a second-round pick.
Charlotte came into today talking about all the minutes 6’8” Boris Diaw was going to get at center. Now they have both Mullens and rookie Bismack Biyombo to at least give them some size and depth up front. Quality remains to be seen, but it is some size and depth.
Mullens was the No. 24 pick overall of the Mavericks but was traded to the Thunder on draft night. It didn’t work out there, but now he gets his chance.
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 1
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 9
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17