Dec 19, 2011, 3:29 PM EST
B.J. Mullens is a guy who can’t get off the Thunder bench — he’s played in just 26 games over two years.
He’s going to get his chance now — Mullens has been traded to the Charlotte Bobcats to help out their depleted frontcourt, reports the Oklahoman. The Bobcats are sending back a second-round pick.
Charlotte came into today talking about all the minutes 6’8” Boris Diaw was going to get at center. Now they have both Mullens and rookie Bismack Biyombo to at least give them some size and depth up front. Quality remains to be seen, but it is some size and depth.
Mullens was the No. 24 pick overall of the Mavericks but was traded to the Thunder on draft night. It didn’t work out there, but now he gets his chance.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14