Dec 19, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
B.J. Mullens is a guy who can’t get off the Thunder bench — he’s played in just 26 games over two years.
He’s going to get his chance now — Mullens has been traded to the Charlotte Bobcats to help out their depleted frontcourt, reports the Oklahoman. The Bobcats are sending back a second-round pick.
Charlotte came into today talking about all the minutes 6’8” Boris Diaw was going to get at center. Now they have both Mullens and rookie Bismack Biyombo to at least give them some size and depth up front. Quality remains to be seen, but it is some size and depth.
Mullens was the No. 24 pick overall of the Mavericks but was traded to the Thunder on draft night. It didn’t work out there, but now he gets his chance.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 12