Dec 19, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
B.J. Mullens is a guy who can’t get off the Thunder bench — he’s played in just 26 games over two years.
He’s going to get his chance now — Mullens has been traded to the Charlotte Bobcats to help out their depleted frontcourt, reports the Oklahoman. The Bobcats are sending back a second-round pick.
Charlotte came into today talking about all the minutes 6’8” Boris Diaw was going to get at center. Now they have both Mullens and rookie Bismack Biyombo to at least give them some size and depth up front. Quality remains to be seen, but it is some size and depth.
Mullens was the No. 24 pick overall of the Mavericks but was traded to the Thunder on draft night. It didn’t work out there, but now he gets his chance.
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 0
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 13
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9