Dec 19, 2011, 2:53 PM EDT
This is not the superstar the Nets need — or the guy that keeps Deron Williams with the team into Brooklyn — but it would be a nice step forward.
I’d like to see what they are paying him before I say how much I like the signing, but this is a good fit on paper. The shot blocking and high-flying game of AK-47 contrasts with Brook Lopez and his more traditional post game. It gives Deron Williams a couple kinds of options — he can look at the matchups and exploit what works best for the Nets.
Kirilenko has played his entire career in Utah and last season gave them 11.7 points and 5.7 rebounds a game. He was an All-Star once but he is not that guy anymore, what he is still is an above-average NBA forward with real length that he knows how to use.
He’s not the star the Nets needs, but he’s a good role player. If they don’t overpay for him.
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 0
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 10
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 29
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 29
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 64