Dec 19, 2011, 2:53 PM EDT
This is not the superstar the Nets need — or the guy that keeps Deron Williams with the team into Brooklyn — but it would be a nice step forward.
I’d like to see what they are paying him before I say how much I like the signing, but this is a good fit on paper. The shot blocking and high-flying game of AK-47 contrasts with Brook Lopez and his more traditional post game. It gives Deron Williams a couple kinds of options — he can look at the matchups and exploit what works best for the Nets.
Kirilenko has played his entire career in Utah and last season gave them 11.7 points and 5.7 rebounds a game. He was an All-Star once but he is not that guy anymore, what he is still is an above-average NBA forward with real length that he knows how to use.
He’s not the star the Nets needs, but he’s a good role player. If they don’t overpay for him.
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 0
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 58
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights