Hey fellow Android phone users, NBC SportsTalk app upgraded

Dec 19, 2011, 8:42 AM EDT

android_apps

I’m just talking to my fellow Android phone users here (G2, to answer your question). The rest of you, just move along.

I use the NBC SportsTalk app all the time. The one that lets you follow ProFootballTalk, HardballTalk, CollegeFootballTalk, ProHockeyTalk,and the rest (including this humble blog) from your phone or tablet. Best way to keep up with sports news out there — even my mom knows how to work this one. But let’s be honest, there were a couple small glitches (the force close issue).

Fixed and upgraded, so go download the upgrade (version 1.1) now. We’ll wait. You’ll notice that GolfTalkCentral is in there now and a few other tweaks. This isn’t a Microsoft upgrade, this is real and worthwhile.

By the way, the iPhone and the iPad app is still there.

1. acdc363 - Dec 19, 2011 at 9:03 AM

NO MORE FORCE CLOSE!! I never thought I’d see the day. This is great! The logo got a little shinier too that’s a nice touch.

2. bigfatpaulie27 - Dec 19, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Working good. About time!

3. sknut - Dec 19, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Yes I have been impressed with the update as well. Its nice to have it running. Now for the next update I hope you can have the comments see who replied to who, but keep up the good work.

4. sky561 - Dec 19, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Great update. For the next one, can you add the option to remove certain blogs? Baseball and golf are of no interest to me. Also, seeing replies would be useful too.

5. danielwold - Dec 19, 2011 at 2:19 PM

good update. works much better now on the 2.2 OS

6. joj0420 - Dec 19, 2011 at 4:03 PM

I love it! coming from someone who looks at it every 20 minutes or so!

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches