Dec 18, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
After years of waiting, Ricky Rubio took the floor for the Minnesota Timberwolves Saturday night against the Milwaukee Bucks. The score isn’t important, it’s a preseason game. What is important is that Rubio finished with 6 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals and just 1 turnover in 24 minutes. Not bad for the youngster’s first time out.
In a lot of ways, Rubio’s debut was what we expected. Brilliant vision. Stellar playmaking. Terrible shooting. Good perimeter defense. Bowled over physically in the post. And, oh, yeah, this.
Rubio may be the next coming of Maravich without the jumper. He may be the Rookie of the Year. He could have had a good night against a bad team in preseason. He could struggle when defenses get the book on him. But it’s going to be pretty exciting watching to see how this story unfolds. Another reason to celebrate the NBA being back.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10