Dec 18, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
From Marcus Thompson of the Contra Costa Times:
UPDATE II: The Warriors are in the process of trading Lou Amundson, according to a team source. A second source confirmed it is for Indiana Pacers swingman Brandon Rush. Amundson was held out of Saturday’s game vs. Sacramento. It is not official and likely won’t be before Sunday. I’m told its a straight-up trade.
It’s a value pick-up for the Pacers. Amundson is a serviceable back-up big who can do the kind of dirty work that the Pacers need him to do. He’s not going to over-extend himself, he’s a pro with experience, and he’ll help with hustle plays. The fact that they got him for Brandon Rush is pretty phenomenal, considering Rush’s stock has been in a downward spiral for two years.
For the Warriors… I mean, Rush could be a phenomenal two-guard with the right coaching. And he gives them a bigger back-up two behind Monta Ellis (size is going to be a problem for this team’s backcourt). It’s just weird to surrender a guy who does the things that Mark Jackson always talks about for a shooter who shot 42 percent from the field (though he did shoot 41 percent from the arc).
But for the Warriors, with Kwame Brown, they’re clearly going for size. Jeremy Tyler showed some things in the Warriors’ preseason debut, and David Lee and Ekpe Udoh will get long minutes. Oh, and Andris Biedrins didn’t get amnestied. Rush may have trouble getting minutes, though, since Klay Thompson showed a ton of promise Saturday night.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 46
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31