Dec 18, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
From Marcus Thompson of the Contra Costa Times:
UPDATE II: The Warriors are in the process of trading Lou Amundson, according to a team source. A second source confirmed it is for Indiana Pacers swingman Brandon Rush. Amundson was held out of Saturday’s game vs. Sacramento. It is not official and likely won’t be before Sunday. I’m told its a straight-up trade.
It’s a value pick-up for the Pacers. Amundson is a serviceable back-up big who can do the kind of dirty work that the Pacers need him to do. He’s not going to over-extend himself, he’s a pro with experience, and he’ll help with hustle plays. The fact that they got him for Brandon Rush is pretty phenomenal, considering Rush’s stock has been in a downward spiral for two years.
For the Warriors… I mean, Rush could be a phenomenal two-guard with the right coaching. And he gives them a bigger back-up two behind Monta Ellis (size is going to be a problem for this team’s backcourt). It’s just weird to surrender a guy who does the things that Mark Jackson always talks about for a shooter who shot 42 percent from the field (though he did shoot 41 percent from the arc).
But for the Warriors, with Kwame Brown, they’re clearly going for size. Jeremy Tyler showed some things in the Warriors’ preseason debut, and David Lee and Ekpe Udoh will get long minutes. Oh, and Andris Biedrins didn’t get amnestied. Rush may have trouble getting minutes, though, since Klay Thompson showed a ton of promise Saturday night.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 0
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 15
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 77
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19