Dec 17, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
The Lakers have had a downright disastrous offseason, and it only lasted a week. Jerry Buss was in the hospital. A trade for Chris Paul was blocked by the league. The fallout resulted in Lamar Odom being traded to Dallas for essentially nothing. They spent money on Jason Kapono. Kobe Bryant‘s wife is divorcing him. It has been about as disastrous as you can imagine.
But that’s all going to change, now!
Yahoo! Sports reports:
So Murphy’s a pro.
He was one of the more hyped players in the buyout market last year before signing with Boston. He had been struggling with injury, and continued to struggle with it. He finished averaging 3 points and 3 rebounds for the season. If healthy, he could help, theoretically. If nothing else, he’s another big to throw out for a very weak Lakers frontcourt bench. Maybe he can return to form and be a contributor for the team with all the attention on the other stars.
But it’s more likely this isn’t go to have much impact in slowing the negativity surrounding the Lakers this season so far.
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 0
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9