Dec 17, 2011, 7:00 PM EST
The Lakers have had a downright disastrous offseason, and it only lasted a week. Jerry Buss was in the hospital. A trade for Chris Paul was blocked by the league. The fallout resulted in Lamar Odom being traded to Dallas for essentially nothing. They spent money on Jason Kapono. Kobe Bryant‘s wife is divorcing him. It has been about as disastrous as you can imagine.
But that’s all going to change, now!
Yahoo! Sports reports:
So Murphy’s a pro.
He was one of the more hyped players in the buyout market last year before signing with Boston. He had been struggling with injury, and continued to struggle with it. He finished averaging 3 points and 3 rebounds for the season. If healthy, he could help, theoretically. If nothing else, he’s another big to throw out for a very weak Lakers frontcourt bench. Maybe he can return to form and be a contributor for the team with all the attention on the other stars.
But it’s more likely this isn’t go to have much impact in slowing the negativity surrounding the Lakers this season so far.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 3
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 10
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 18
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30