Dec 17, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
The Lakers have had a downright disastrous offseason, and it only lasted a week. Jerry Buss was in the hospital. A trade for Chris Paul was blocked by the league. The fallout resulted in Lamar Odom being traded to Dallas for essentially nothing. They spent money on Jason Kapono. Kobe Bryant‘s wife is divorcing him. It has been about as disastrous as you can imagine.
But that’s all going to change, now!
Yahoo! Sports reports:
So Murphy’s a pro.
He was one of the more hyped players in the buyout market last year before signing with Boston. He had been struggling with injury, and continued to struggle with it. He finished averaging 3 points and 3 rebounds for the season. If healthy, he could help, theoretically. If nothing else, he’s another big to throw out for a very weak Lakers frontcourt bench. Maybe he can return to form and be a contributor for the team with all the attention on the other stars.
But it’s more likely this isn’t go to have much impact in slowing the negativity surrounding the Lakers this season so far.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 0
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 7
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 48
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29