Dec 17, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
The Lakers have had a downright disastrous offseason, and it only lasted a week. Jerry Buss was in the hospital. A trade for Chris Paul was blocked by the league. The fallout resulted in Lamar Odom being traded to Dallas for essentially nothing. They spent money on Jason Kapono. Kobe Bryant‘s wife is divorcing him. It has been about as disastrous as you can imagine.
But that’s all going to change, now!
Yahoo! Sports reports:
So Murphy’s a pro.
He was one of the more hyped players in the buyout market last year before signing with Boston. He had been struggling with injury, and continued to struggle with it. He finished averaging 3 points and 3 rebounds for the season. If healthy, he could help, theoretically. If nothing else, he’s another big to throw out for a very weak Lakers frontcourt bench. Maybe he can return to form and be a contributor for the team with all the attention on the other stars.
But it’s more likely this isn’t go to have much impact in slowing the negativity surrounding the Lakers this season so far.
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 17
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 4
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 22
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 21