Dec 17, 2011, 7:00 PM EST
The Lakers have had a downright disastrous offseason, and it only lasted a week. Jerry Buss was in the hospital. A trade for Chris Paul was blocked by the league. The fallout resulted in Lamar Odom being traded to Dallas for essentially nothing. They spent money on Jason Kapono. Kobe Bryant‘s wife is divorcing him. It has been about as disastrous as you can imagine.
But that’s all going to change, now!
Yahoo! Sports reports:
So Murphy’s a pro.
He was one of the more hyped players in the buyout market last year before signing with Boston. He had been struggling with injury, and continued to struggle with it. He finished averaging 3 points and 3 rebounds for the season. If healthy, he could help, theoretically. If nothing else, he’s another big to throw out for a very weak Lakers frontcourt bench. Maybe he can return to form and be a contributor for the team with all the attention on the other stars.
But it’s more likely this isn’t go to have much impact in slowing the negativity surrounding the Lakers this season so far.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 41
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8