Dec 17, 2011, 11:12 PM EDT
The following is a sentence-by-sentence explanation of a basketball transaction. Please forgive the one-line paragraphs in pursuit of novelty.
The Kings today grabbed Travis Outlaw off the amnesty wire.
Outlaw was not very good for the Nets last year, that’s why they used the amnesty clause on him.
In fact, he was so bad he had an 8.8 PER last year, which is nearly half the average for any player.
So why did the Kings acquire him, then?
Because it was cheap, and they had a hole at backup small forward, and it worked out that way.
As part of the amnesty process, the Kings simply had to bid when no one else did, or at least bid more than any other team, and take on a small portion of his remaining salary.
This is what many people call “bargain shopping.”
It’s very similar to the way my wife will come home with something that was once pristine but now has a gaping hole in it, a massive scratch, or a large dent, and then say “Look at the deal I got!”
Thing is, though, one of those objects still exists as my entertainment center.
TV hasn’t fallen yet, knock on wood.
Not that wood, because it’ll splinter and my TV will fall and I’ll have to punch you, but still, you get my point.
This is the holiday season, a time for forgiving, so maybe the is a chance for Outlaw to get a second chance.
After all, he was pretty good in Portland for a while.
Maybe it’s a time zone thing.
In conclusion, Iman Shumpert.
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 0
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 14
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 26
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful