Dec 16, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
Kobe Bryant actually is pretty spot on here — the lockout really was about the owners fighting amongst themselves as much as it was about anything else. And when those owners saw the big market, powerhouse Lakers about to land Chris Paul they flipped out — that is what killed the first three-team deal where Paul landed with the Lakers.
The Hornets got a better deal out of it, so David Stern will undoubtedly try to claim the higher ground here, but this was a an ugly, conflicted mess where there is no higher ground.
As for Kobe… he’s likes his challenges.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8