Dec 16, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant actually is pretty spot on here — the lockout really was about the owners fighting amongst themselves as much as it was about anything else. And when those owners saw the big market, powerhouse Lakers about to land Chris Paul they flipped out — that is what killed the first three-team deal where Paul landed with the Lakers.
The Hornets got a better deal out of it, so David Stern will undoubtedly try to claim the higher ground here, but this was a an ugly, conflicted mess where there is no higher ground.
As for Kobe… he’s likes his challenges.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 28
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25