Dec 16, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
Kobe Bryant actually is pretty spot on here — the lockout really was about the owners fighting amongst themselves as much as it was about anything else. And when those owners saw the big market, powerhouse Lakers about to land Chris Paul they flipped out — that is what killed the first three-team deal where Paul landed with the Lakers.
The Hornets got a better deal out of it, so David Stern will undoubtedly try to claim the higher ground here, but this was a an ugly, conflicted mess where there is no higher ground.
As for Kobe… he’s likes his challenges.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 0
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7