Dec 16, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant actually is pretty spot on here — the lockout really was about the owners fighting amongst themselves as much as it was about anything else. And when those owners saw the big market, powerhouse Lakers about to land Chris Paul they flipped out — that is what killed the first three-team deal where Paul landed with the Lakers.
The Hornets got a better deal out of it, so David Stern will undoubtedly try to claim the higher ground here, but this was a an ugly, conflicted mess where there is no higher ground.
As for Kobe… he’s likes his challenges.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18