Video: DeMarcus Cousins is not a morning person

Dec 16, 2011, 8:26 AM EDT

Players are no fans of media day, and no fans of early mornings. So combine the two and you get DeMarcus Cousins doing interviews in shades.

He talks about what he learned in his rookie year and what the Kings expect of themselves going forward. Worth checking out. It’s the best interview you’re going to get with him on a day he has to wake up early.

1. SanchezSux - Dec 16, 2011 at 9:34 AM

This is painful to watch

2. skids003 - Dec 16, 2011 at 10:35 AM

What a jerk!! Real contributor to society.

3. pl4tinum514 - Dec 16, 2011 at 3:38 PM

probably only wearing shades to cover up the bloodshot eyes from whatever drugs he just smoked.

who knows maybe he bought them from sam hurd.

4. brooklynbulls - Dec 16, 2011 at 4:07 PM

The interviewer sounds like he’s talking to his 3 year old nephew instead of an adult professional. “Let’s talk a lil basketball. Do you wanna talk a lil basketball?” I half expected him to ask his teacher’s name after that.

5. 00maltliquor - Dec 16, 2011 at 5:54 PM

I know this guy has A LOT of potential, but damn this guy rubs me the wrong way. Real bad.

6. borderline1988 - Dec 17, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Some would-be draftees have injury concerns. Sometimes GMs are worried about a player’s size, or how is game will match up to NBA style play.
    But if there’s one thing that’s for certain – when there are character issues, stay away.

It was the same thing with Michael Beasley. If there are obvious red flags surrounding a player because of character, I wouldn’t want my team to draft the player even if he’s supposed to be the next Michael Jordan.

7. cosanostra71 - Dec 17, 2011 at 10:27 PM

really DMC? You had to wake up at 8 AM to go to your job that pays you millions of dollars? Boo-hoo! I feel so bad for you! Especially considering at 8 AM, I’ve already been at my job for an hour, making not even a fraction of what you do!

Handing out NBA's postseason awards