Dec 16, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Well, that didn’t take long.
Stephen Jackson has missed a few practices with the Milwaukee — he is expected to be a focal point of the Bucks’ offense — due to what is officially being called back spasms.
But there is already speculation growing around the team that the real issue is Jackson wants a contract extension and hasn’t gotten one, reports the Journal-Sentinel. Even though he gets $9.6 million this year and $10 million next year.
League sources said Jackson sought a contract extension last season from the Charlotte Bobcats and that was one of the primary reasons they shipped him to Milwaukee….
There is growing speculation, though, that Jackson is upset the Bucks haven’t approached him about reconstructing his contract and that he was now going to approach them.
Under the new CBA, an extension can only take a player to four years total, which means the Bucks could only extend two more years on the back of that contract. Those would be ages 35 and 36 if you tacked them on.
Best way to earn an extension? Really go out and ball, prove you are too valuable not to keep. Just sayin’.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 3
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 12
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights