Dec 16, 2011, 2:11 PM EDT
The question was always, how would World Peace react? (Yes, I get how weirdly that sentence reads, but I refuse to just to go with “we have to give Peace a chance.”)
Turns out, Peace is cool with it, as reported in the Daily News.
‘It’s going to be good. I get a chance to come in and have more responsibility, which is good. It’s going to make the other team off balance. Kobe, Pau and Bynum are going to be out and you’re still going to have to double-team me. You can’t leave me alone on the block by myself.”
Brown used an old Phil Jackson trick and made his point to Artest in front of the media, just to make the promise public.
Brown: “If that second unit ain’t rolling, who’s fault is it going to be?”
World Peace: “Me.”
Brown: “It’s on you. We’ve had this discussion a couple of times. If the second unit ain’t rolling, who am I going to come to first?”
World Peace: “Right here.”
- Memphis’ defense, discipline propel them past Thunder in overtime lead series 2-1 0
- Hawks take a 2-1 series lead over top-seeded Pacers 13
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 44
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 49
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 11