Dec 16, 2011, 2:11 PM EDT
The question was always, how would World Peace react? (Yes, I get how weirdly that sentence reads, but I refuse to just to go with “we have to give Peace a chance.”)
Turns out, Peace is cool with it, as reported in the Daily News.
‘It’s going to be good. I get a chance to come in and have more responsibility, which is good. It’s going to make the other team off balance. Kobe, Pau and Bynum are going to be out and you’re still going to have to double-team me. You can’t leave me alone on the block by myself.”
Brown used an old Phil Jackson trick and made his point to Artest in front of the media, just to make the promise public.
Brown: “If that second unit ain’t rolling, who’s fault is it going to be?”
World Peace: “Me.”
Brown: “It’s on you. We’ve had this discussion a couple of times. If the second unit ain’t rolling, who am I going to come to first?”
World Peace: “Right here.”
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20