Dec 16, 2011, 10:53 AM EST
For months now, we kept hearing Bismack Biyombo and everyone around the Charlotte draftee say that he could get out of his contract with his Spanish team and would be a Bobcat this year.
But Fuenlabrada, the Spanish club in question, wants the full buyout in Biyombo’s contract — and the Spanish courts agreed with him.
Spanish team Fuenlabrada said that the value of Bobcats draftee Bismack Biyombo is… $4M: 1.2 as buyout+federal rights till Dec.2014+fine for having missed 4games and 64practices to workout in NBA before ACB playoffs
In addition, international basketball governing body FIBA ruled against Biyombo’s request to get out of his deal. The Bobcats can pay only $500,000 toward Biyombo’s buyout, he would have to come up with the rest himself. Can’t really blame Fuenlabrada for wanting the full buyout.
This is the last year of his deal, he will be with the Bobcats next season. And while Biyombo is physically impressive and athletic — he put up a triple-double at the Nike Hoops Summit — he is raw, so another year in Spain is not all bad.
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 6
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 5
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18