Dec 16, 2011, 10:53 AM EDT
For months now, we kept hearing Bismack Biyombo and everyone around the Charlotte draftee say that he could get out of his contract with his Spanish team and would be a Bobcat this year.
But Fuenlabrada, the Spanish club in question, wants the full buyout in Biyombo’s contract — and the Spanish courts agreed with him.
Spanish team Fuenlabrada said that the value of Bobcats draftee Bismack Biyombo is… $4M: 1.2 as buyout+federal rights till Dec.2014+fine for having missed 4games and 64practices to workout in NBA before ACB playoffs
In addition, international basketball governing body FIBA ruled against Biyombo’s request to get out of his deal. The Bobcats can pay only $500,000 toward Biyombo’s buyout, he would have to come up with the rest himself. Can’t really blame Fuenlabrada for wanting the full buyout.
This is the last year of his deal, he will be with the Bobcats next season. And while Biyombo is physically impressive and athletic — he put up a triple-double at the Nike Hoops Summit — he is raw, so another year in Spain is not all bad.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 14
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3