Dec 16, 2011, 10:53 AM EDT
For months now, we kept hearing Bismack Biyombo and everyone around the Charlotte draftee say that he could get out of his contract with his Spanish team and would be a Bobcat this year.
But Fuenlabrada, the Spanish club in question, wants the full buyout in Biyombo’s contract — and the Spanish courts agreed with him.
Spanish team Fuenlabrada said that the value of Bobcats draftee Bismack Biyombo is… $4M: 1.2 as buyout+federal rights till Dec.2014+fine for having missed 4games and 64practices to workout in NBA before ACB playoffs
In addition, international basketball governing body FIBA ruled against Biyombo’s request to get out of his deal. The Bobcats can pay only $500,000 toward Biyombo’s buyout, he would have to come up with the rest himself. Can’t really blame Fuenlabrada for wanting the full buyout.
This is the last year of his deal, he will be with the Bobcats next season. And while Biyombo is physically impressive and athletic — he put up a triple-double at the Nike Hoops Summit — he is raw, so another year in Spain is not all bad.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13