Dec 16, 2011, 9:38 AM EDT
Chuck Hayes was a big free agent signing for the Sacramento Kings — they needed someone to actually play defense and bring some consistency to the frontcourt and Hayes will do all that.
Or rather, he will once he gets back on the court.
He was pulled off it Thursday because a stress echocardiogram revealed a heart abnormality. What that means exactly is more tests will be run on him so they can find out exactly what that means.
Hopefully it is nothing, but it’s something to watch. Hayes had been with the Rockets but came to the Kings on a four-year, $21 million deal. He had been working out with the team in training camp prior to this.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20