Dec 16, 2011, 9:38 AM EDT
Chuck Hayes was a big free agent signing for the Sacramento Kings — they needed someone to actually play defense and bring some consistency to the frontcourt and Hayes will do all that.
Or rather, he will once he gets back on the court.
He was pulled off it Thursday because a stress echocardiogram revealed a heart abnormality. What that means exactly is more tests will be run on him so they can find out exactly what that means.
Hopefully it is nothing, but it’s something to watch. Hayes had been with the Rockets but came to the Kings on a four-year, $21 million deal. He had been working out with the team in training camp prior to this.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36