Dec 16, 2011, 9:38 AM EST
Chuck Hayes was a big free agent signing for the Sacramento Kings — they needed someone to actually play defense and bring some consistency to the frontcourt and Hayes will do all that.
Or rather, he will once he gets back on the court.
He was pulled off it Thursday because a stress echocardiogram revealed a heart abnormality. What that means exactly is more tests will be run on him so they can find out exactly what that means.
Hopefully it is nothing, but it’s something to watch. Hayes had been with the Rockets but came to the Kings on a four-year, $21 million deal. He had been working out with the team in training camp prior to this.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)