Dec 16, 2011, 9:38 AM EDT
Chuck Hayes was a big free agent signing for the Sacramento Kings — they needed someone to actually play defense and bring some consistency to the frontcourt and Hayes will do all that.
Or rather, he will once he gets back on the court.
He was pulled off it Thursday because a stress echocardiogram revealed a heart abnormality. What that means exactly is more tests will be run on him so they can find out exactly what that means.
Hopefully it is nothing, but it’s something to watch. Hayes had been with the Rockets but came to the Kings on a four-year, $21 million deal. He had been working out with the team in training camp prior to this.
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 0
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 19
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19