Dec 16, 2011, 11:09 AM EST
Our morning look around the NBA with stories worth reading and notes that are not their own post here at PBT.
In case you missed it, PBT previewed all 30 NBA teams on Thursday. I expect you to read all of them. There will be a quiz.
Metta World Peace will be coming off the bench this season for the Lakers and Matt Barnes will be the starting three. Interesting. We’ll see how Ron-Ron (is that Metta-Metta now?) deals with that. But what really matters is who closes out games.
LeBron is also showing off the Heat’s new black alternate jersey. Embrace the dark side and together we shall rule the galaxy….
The Spurs are not going to amnesty Richard Jefferson after all. At least not this year. (When they said they were going to they Spurs thought they would get Caron Butler or Vince Carter or someone to fill Jefferson’s shoes. Didn’t work out that way.)
The Nets did use their amnesty on Travis Outlaw, as expected.
Bonzi Wells is getting a shot at an NBA comeback up in Timberwolves camp. To answer you next question, 2008 in New Orleans (the last time he stepped on an NBA court).
Corey Maggettee missed practice in Charlotte with some lower back pain… yes, that was a little red flag you just saw go up. His back has long been an issue.
The Nets signed Ime Udoka to a one-year deal.
No shock here, but Jerome Jordan is officially a Knick.
The Nuggets continue to have the best team in China.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0