Dec 16, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
This is the kind of thing that reminds you more of the Bruins or Patriots, not the Celtics. Which makes me nervous.
Jeff Green remains out of Boston’s training camp and is expected to miss at least some games this season, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com. The team is being very vague about whatever is keeping him out.
All the secrecy is disturbing. Here are a few details from Blakely.
A source close to Boston Celtics forward Jeff Green says the 6-foot-8 forward is expected to miss some games early on this season due to an undisclosed health condition that became apparent during his most recent physical.
While the C’s have yet to say exactly what Green’s condition is, a source says that it can be controlled with medication. The same source did not know if it would require a medical procedure as well, but “that’s one of the options, for sure.”
Paul Pierce added to Blakely that Green is very down about what is going on.
This is rough for the Celtics, a franchise counting on Green to step up into a key role this season and provide athleticism, energy and points off the bench on the wing.
It is rougher for Green, who is a good guy that may have something serious going on.
- George Hill not yet cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks, remains a game-time decision 0
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 14
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 9
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 38
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Watch Live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- LIVE: Third round of the HP Byron Nelson Championship
- LIVE: Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- LIVE: Action from Hangtown Motocross Classic
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay