Dec 16, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
This is the kind of thing that reminds you more of the Bruins or Patriots, not the Celtics. Which makes me nervous.
Jeff Green remains out of Boston’s training camp and is expected to miss at least some games this season, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com. The team is being very vague about whatever is keeping him out.
All the secrecy is disturbing. Here are a few details from Blakely.
A source close to Boston Celtics forward Jeff Green says the 6-foot-8 forward is expected to miss some games early on this season due to an undisclosed health condition that became apparent during his most recent physical.
While the C’s have yet to say exactly what Green’s condition is, a source says that it can be controlled with medication. The same source did not know if it would require a medical procedure as well, but “that’s one of the options, for sure.”
Paul Pierce added to Blakely that Green is very down about what is going on.
This is rough for the Celtics, a franchise counting on Green to step up into a key role this season and provide athleticism, energy and points off the bench on the wing.
It is rougher for Green, who is a good guy that may have something serious going on.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 24
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 10
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 14
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23