Dec 16, 2011, 10:45 PM EST
This is the kind of thing that reminds you more of the Bruins or Patriots, not the Celtics. Which makes me nervous.
Jeff Green remains out of Boston’s training camp and is expected to miss at least some games this season, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com. The team is being very vague about whatever is keeping him out.
All the secrecy is disturbing. Here are a few details from Blakely.
A source close to Boston Celtics forward Jeff Green says the 6-foot-8 forward is expected to miss some games early on this season due to an undisclosed health condition that became apparent during his most recent physical.
While the C’s have yet to say exactly what Green’s condition is, a source says that it can be controlled with medication. The same source did not know if it would require a medical procedure as well, but “that’s one of the options, for sure.”
Paul Pierce added to Blakely that Green is very down about what is going on.
This is rough for the Celtics, a franchise counting on Green to step up into a key role this season and provide athleticism, energy and points off the bench on the wing.
It is rougher for Green, who is a good guy that may have something serious going on.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 11
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 13
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 21
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 7
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18