Dec 16, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
This is the kind of thing that reminds you more of the Bruins or Patriots, not the Celtics. Which makes me nervous.
Jeff Green remains out of Boston’s training camp and is expected to miss at least some games this season, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com. The team is being very vague about whatever is keeping him out.
All the secrecy is disturbing. Here are a few details from Blakely.
A source close to Boston Celtics forward Jeff Green says the 6-foot-8 forward is expected to miss some games early on this season due to an undisclosed health condition that became apparent during his most recent physical.
While the C’s have yet to say exactly what Green’s condition is, a source says that it can be controlled with medication. The same source did not know if it would require a medical procedure as well, but “that’s one of the options, for sure.”
Paul Pierce added to Blakely that Green is very down about what is going on.
This is rough for the Celtics, a franchise counting on Green to step up into a key role this season and provide athleticism, energy and points off the bench on the wing.
It is rougher for Green, who is a good guy that may have something serious going on.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15