Dec 16, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
This is the kind of thing that reminds you more of the Bruins or Patriots, not the Celtics. Which makes me nervous.
Jeff Green remains out of Boston’s training camp and is expected to miss at least some games this season, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com. The team is being very vague about whatever is keeping him out.
All the secrecy is disturbing. Here are a few details from Blakely.
A source close to Boston Celtics forward Jeff Green says the 6-foot-8 forward is expected to miss some games early on this season due to an undisclosed health condition that became apparent during his most recent physical.
While the C’s have yet to say exactly what Green’s condition is, a source says that it can be controlled with medication. The same source did not know if it would require a medical procedure as well, but “that’s one of the options, for sure.”
Paul Pierce added to Blakely that Green is very down about what is going on.
This is rough for the Celtics, a franchise counting on Green to step up into a key role this season and provide athleticism, energy and points off the bench on the wing.
It is rougher for Green, who is a good guy that may have something serious going on.
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 0
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 44
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 43