Dec 16, 2011, 7:55 PM EDT
Keith Bogans started all 82 games for the Chicago Bulls as the shooting guard. Well he was the shooting guard who did not shoot — he averaged just 3.7 shots per game (and 4.4 points) He got the call because he played good defense and stayed out of Derrick Rose’s way.
The Bulls were willing to sacrifice some of that defense to get more offense out of the position this season, hence the signing of Rip Hamilton earlier this week.
Expect the Bulls to use the slot to add an inexpensive big man just to provide a little depth along the back line. Bogans will be a free agent if he clears waivers (as expected).
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65