Dec 16, 2011, 7:55 PM EDT
Keith Bogans started all 82 games for the Chicago Bulls as the shooting guard. Well he was the shooting guard who did not shoot — he averaged just 3.7 shots per game (and 4.4 points) He got the call because he played good defense and stayed out of Derrick Rose’s way.
The Bulls were willing to sacrifice some of that defense to get more offense out of the position this season, hence the signing of Rip Hamilton earlier this week.
Expect the Bulls to use the slot to add an inexpensive big man just to provide a little depth along the back line. Bogans will be a free agent if he clears waivers (as expected).
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 7
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15