Dec 16, 2011, 7:55 PM EDT
Keith Bogans started all 82 games for the Chicago Bulls as the shooting guard. Well he was the shooting guard who did not shoot — he averaged just 3.7 shots per game (and 4.4 points) He got the call because he played good defense and stayed out of Derrick Rose’s way.
The Bulls were willing to sacrifice some of that defense to get more offense out of the position this season, hence the signing of Rip Hamilton earlier this week.
Expect the Bulls to use the slot to add an inexpensive big man just to provide a little depth along the back line. Bogans will be a free agent if he clears waivers (as expected).
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 32
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 6
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 65
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 43
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19