Dec 16, 2011, 7:55 PM EST
Keith Bogans started all 82 games for the Chicago Bulls as the shooting guard. Well he was the shooting guard who did not shoot — he averaged just 3.7 shots per game (and 4.4 points) He got the call because he played good defense and stayed out of Derrick Rose’s way.
The Bulls were willing to sacrifice some of that defense to get more offense out of the position this season, hence the signing of Rip Hamilton earlier this week.
Expect the Bulls to use the slot to add an inexpensive big man just to provide a little depth along the back line. Bogans will be a free agent if he clears waivers (as expected).
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 0
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 17
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 41
- Report: Joakim Noah recruiting Carmelo Anthony to Chicago Bulls 45