Dec 16, 2011, 7:55 PM EST
Keith Bogans started all 82 games for the Chicago Bulls as the shooting guard. Well he was the shooting guard who did not shoot — he averaged just 3.7 shots per game (and 4.4 points) He got the call because he played good defense and stayed out of Derrick Rose’s way.
The Bulls were willing to sacrifice some of that defense to get more offense out of the position this season, hence the signing of Rip Hamilton earlier this week.
Expect the Bulls to use the slot to add an inexpensive big man just to provide a little depth along the back line. Bogans will be a free agent if he clears waivers (as expected).
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 0
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20