Dec 16, 2011, 9:57 AM EDT
I like the Reggie Williams signing in Charlotte — right now that offense is going to rely too much on Corey Maggette and Williams is a guy who could be the spark off the bench, the sixth man who comes in with the green light and changes the flow of the game.
But 24-hours after inking a two-year, $5 million deal he is out six to eight weeks for surgery to repair a torn meniscus, reports the Charlotte Observer. The Bobcats went through the same thing with Tyrus Thomas last year, not that it makes them feel any better.
Charlotte appears headed for a rough season and could have used all the scoring they could get. On the bright side, if you picked a year to have a lot of Ping-Pong balls in the draft lottery, this is a good one.
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 0
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 19
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 43