Dec 16, 2011, 9:57 AM EST
I like the Reggie Williams signing in Charlotte — right now that offense is going to rely too much on Corey Maggette and Williams is a guy who could be the spark off the bench, the sixth man who comes in with the green light and changes the flow of the game.
But 24-hours after inking a two-year, $5 million deal he is out six to eight weeks for surgery to repair a torn meniscus, reports the Charlotte Observer. The Bobcats went through the same thing with Tyrus Thomas last year, not that it makes them feel any better.
Charlotte appears headed for a rough season and could have used all the scoring they could get. On the bright side, if you picked a year to have a lot of Ping-Pong balls in the draft lottery, this is a good one.
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 0
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 18
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 36
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 7