Dec 16, 2011, 9:57 AM EST
I like the Reggie Williams signing in Charlotte — right now that offense is going to rely too much on Corey Maggette and Williams is a guy who could be the spark off the bench, the sixth man who comes in with the green light and changes the flow of the game.
But 24-hours after inking a two-year, $5 million deal he is out six to eight weeks for surgery to repair a torn meniscus, reports the Charlotte Observer. The Bobcats went through the same thing with Tyrus Thomas last year, not that it makes them feel any better.
Charlotte appears headed for a rough season and could have used all the scoring they could get. On the bright side, if you picked a year to have a lot of Ping-Pong balls in the draft lottery, this is a good one.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 22
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18