Dec 16, 2011, 9:57 AM EDT
I like the Reggie Williams signing in Charlotte — right now that offense is going to rely too much on Corey Maggette and Williams is a guy who could be the spark off the bench, the sixth man who comes in with the green light and changes the flow of the game.
But 24-hours after inking a two-year, $5 million deal he is out six to eight weeks for surgery to repair a torn meniscus, reports the Charlotte Observer. The Bobcats went through the same thing with Tyrus Thomas last year, not that it makes them feel any better.
Charlotte appears headed for a rough season and could have used all the scoring they could get. On the bright side, if you picked a year to have a lot of Ping-Pong balls in the draft lottery, this is a good one.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4