Dec 16, 2011, 9:57 AM EDT
I like the Reggie Williams signing in Charlotte — right now that offense is going to rely too much on Corey Maggette and Williams is a guy who could be the spark off the bench, the sixth man who comes in with the green light and changes the flow of the game.
But 24-hours after inking a two-year, $5 million deal he is out six to eight weeks for surgery to repair a torn meniscus, reports the Charlotte Observer. The Bobcats went through the same thing with Tyrus Thomas last year, not that it makes them feel any better.
Charlotte appears headed for a rough season and could have used all the scoring they could get. On the bright side, if you picked a year to have a lot of Ping-Pong balls in the draft lottery, this is a good one.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 10
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35