Dec 15, 2011, 9:07 PM EDT
The Utah Jazz have decided to Roll the dice on Josh Howard.
Howard has signed with the Jazz for this season (ESPN’s Chris Broussard broke the story). Utah has C.J. Miles at the small forward but a healthy Howard brings a lot more offensive weaponry and points to the picture.
Healthy is the question mark — he played just 18 games last season in Washington and 35 the year before that due to injury.
Howard talked with the Spurs and the Wizards but decided to take his talents to Utah. On either side of him will be young players — Gordon Hayward at the two guard and Derrick Favors at the four. Howard can provide a lot to that lineup. If he’s healthy.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61