Dec 15, 2011, 9:07 PM EST
The Utah Jazz have decided to Roll the dice on Josh Howard.
Howard has signed with the Jazz for this season (ESPN’s Chris Broussard broke the story). Utah has C.J. Miles at the small forward but a healthy Howard brings a lot more offensive weaponry and points to the picture.
Healthy is the question mark — he played just 18 games last season in Washington and 35 the year before that due to injury.
Howard talked with the Spurs and the Wizards but decided to take his talents to Utah. On either side of him will be young players — Gordon Hayward at the two guard and Derrick Favors at the four. Howard can provide a lot to that lineup. If he’s healthy.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 0
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3