Dec 15, 2011, 9:07 PM EST
The Utah Jazz have decided to Roll the dice on Josh Howard.
Howard has signed with the Jazz for this season (ESPN’s Chris Broussard broke the story). Utah has C.J. Miles at the small forward but a healthy Howard brings a lot more offensive weaponry and points to the picture.
Healthy is the question mark — he played just 18 games last season in Washington and 35 the year before that due to injury.
Howard talked with the Spurs and the Wizards but decided to take his talents to Utah. On either side of him will be young players — Gordon Hayward at the two guard and Derrick Favors at the four. Howard can provide a lot to that lineup. If he’s healthy.
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 0
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 2
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 11
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 14
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)