Dec 15, 2011, 9:07 PM EDT
The Utah Jazz have decided to Roll the dice on Josh Howard.
Howard has signed with the Jazz for this season (ESPN’s Chris Broussard broke the story). Utah has C.J. Miles at the small forward but a healthy Howard brings a lot more offensive weaponry and points to the picture.
Healthy is the question mark — he played just 18 games last season in Washington and 35 the year before that due to injury.
Howard talked with the Spurs and the Wizards but decided to take his talents to Utah. On either side of him will be young players — Gordon Hayward at the two guard and Derrick Favors at the four. Howard can provide a lot to that lineup. If he’s healthy.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34