Dec 15, 2011, 2:04 AM EDT
This is about as surprising as another celebrity death hoax on twitter.
Richard Hamilton has signed with the Chicago Bulls, making official what everyone knew was coming from the minute the Pistons announced they were buying out his contract last week. This is a three-year, $15 million deal with Chicago but only the first two years are fully guaranteed.
Rip Hamilton is not the same All-Star level player from 2005 — he’s a step slower, he can’t create his own shot and his defense is not what it was. That said, he is a huge upgrade for the Bulls at the two guard — he average 14 points a night and shot 38 percent from three last year, numbers that would make the Bulls very, very happy. He is going to run off down screens, move off the ball and give Derrick Rose another target.
In an arms race with the Heat (and to a lesser degree the Knicks) the Bulls just got better.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28