Dec 15, 2011, 2:04 AM EDT
This is about as surprising as another celebrity death hoax on twitter.
Richard Hamilton has signed with the Chicago Bulls, making official what everyone knew was coming from the minute the Pistons announced they were buying out his contract last week. This is a three-year, $15 million deal with Chicago but only the first two years are fully guaranteed.
Rip Hamilton is not the same All-Star level player from 2005 — he’s a step slower, he can’t create his own shot and his defense is not what it was. That said, he is a huge upgrade for the Bulls at the two guard — he average 14 points a night and shot 38 percent from three last year, numbers that would make the Bulls very, very happy. He is going to run off down screens, move off the ball and give Derrick Rose another target.
In an arms race with the Heat (and to a lesser degree the Knicks) the Bulls just got better.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 10
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29