Dec 15, 2011, 8:51 AM EST
Wednesday night the Clippers had a bus-tour with fans — Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Eric Gordon and other players were riding around Los Angeles. Just as they were milling around afterward, word started to lead out that the Chris Paul to the Clippers trade was a reality.
Gordon was on a bus with Clips season-ticket holders, going to fan stops, when he got the news. “Awkward,” one says. Another: “Looked sad.”
One minute you are part of one of the league’s up-and-coming teams in the NBA, the next you’re on a rudderless team without an owner. And you have to go through that emotion around a bunch of people thrilled to see who you got traded for.
There is a silver lining Eric — you’re now a lot closer to Café Du Monde’s beignets.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 1
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 8
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 13
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 27
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7