Dec 15, 2011, 8:51 AM EST
Wednesday night the Clippers had a bus-tour with fans — Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Eric Gordon and other players were riding around Los Angeles. Just as they were milling around afterward, word started to lead out that the Chris Paul to the Clippers trade was a reality.
Gordon was on a bus with Clips season-ticket holders, going to fan stops, when he got the news. “Awkward,” one says. Another: “Looked sad.”
One minute you are part of one of the league’s up-and-coming teams in the NBA, the next you’re on a rudderless team without an owner. And you have to go through that emotion around a bunch of people thrilled to see who you got traded for.
There is a silver lining Eric — you’re now a lot closer to Café Du Monde’s beignets.
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 0
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 0
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 18
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)