Dec 15, 2011, 8:51 AM EDT
Wednesday night the Clippers had a bus-tour with fans — Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Eric Gordon and other players were riding around Los Angeles. Just as they were milling around afterward, word started to lead out that the Chris Paul to the Clippers trade was a reality.
Gordon was on a bus with Clips season-ticket holders, going to fan stops, when he got the news. “Awkward,” one says. Another: “Looked sad.”
One minute you are part of one of the league’s up-and-coming teams in the NBA, the next you’re on a rudderless team without an owner. And you have to go through that emotion around a bunch of people thrilled to see who you got traded for.
There is a silver lining Eric — you’re now a lot closer to Café Du Monde’s beignets.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23