Dec 15, 2011, 8:51 AM EDT
Wednesday night the Clippers had a bus-tour with fans — Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Eric Gordon and other players were riding around Los Angeles. Just as they were milling around afterward, word started to lead out that the Chris Paul to the Clippers trade was a reality.
Gordon was on a bus with Clips season-ticket holders, going to fan stops, when he got the news. “Awkward,” one says. Another: “Looked sad.”
One minute you are part of one of the league’s up-and-coming teams in the NBA, the next you’re on a rudderless team without an owner. And you have to go through that emotion around a bunch of people thrilled to see who you got traded for.
There is a silver lining Eric — you’re now a lot closer to Café Du Monde’s beignets.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4