Dec 15, 2011, 8:51 AM EDT
Wednesday night the Clippers had a bus-tour with fans — Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Eric Gordon and other players were riding around Los Angeles. Just as they were milling around afterward, word started to lead out that the Chris Paul to the Clippers trade was a reality.
Gordon was on a bus with Clips season-ticket holders, going to fan stops, when he got the news. “Awkward,” one says. Another: “Looked sad.”
One minute you are part of one of the league’s up-and-coming teams in the NBA, the next you’re on a rudderless team without an owner. And you have to go through that emotion around a bunch of people thrilled to see who you got traded for.
There is a silver lining Eric — you’re now a lot closer to Café Du Monde’s beignets.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 9
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 5
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 51
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 29
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20