Dec 15, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
2010-11 record: 39-43
Jerry Sloan… no, wait, Tyrone Corbin
Key Departures: Ronnie Price
Best-Case Scenario: Enes Kanter and Al Jefferson combine like Voltron to be one of the best offensive frontcourts in the league. Devin Harris reminds everybody why they thought the Jason Kidd trade was so stupid when it happened. Andrei Kirilenko and his insane World of Warcraft tattoo returns to the Jazz (an iffy proposition) becomes the player he was when he was putting up 5-by-5s. The Jazz squeak into the playoffs.
More likely scenario: Harris and Kirilenko continue to be relatively underwhelming. Kanter and Jefferson have inefficient offensive seasons, Jefferson continues to be perhaps the worst defensive player in basketball, and Kanter struggles with the athleticism of NBA centers and power forwards as well. The team never really threatens a playoff run.
Prediction: 27-31 wins
- The Extra Pass: Talking “Summer Dreams” with producer of Summer League documentary 0
- Thursday NBA grades: Don’t make Mike Dunleavy angry 0
- Rockets don’t bring the energy, so Bulls bring the pain in securing a 24-point blowout victory 7
- Interesting stat: Teams score better in crunch time when they don’t call timeout 12
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 12