Dec 15, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
2010-11 record: 39-43
Jerry Sloan… no, wait, Tyrone Corbin
Key Departures: Ronnie Price
Best-Case Scenario: Enes Kanter and Al Jefferson combine like Voltron to be one of the best offensive frontcourts in the league. Devin Harris reminds everybody why they thought the Jason Kidd trade was so stupid when it happened. Andrei Kirilenko and his insane World of Warcraft tattoo returns to the Jazz (an iffy proposition) becomes the player he was when he was putting up 5-by-5s. The Jazz squeak into the playoffs.
More likely scenario: Harris and Kirilenko continue to be relatively underwhelming. Kanter and Jefferson have inefficient offensive seasons, Jefferson continues to be perhaps the worst defensive player in basketball, and Kanter struggles with the athleticism of NBA centers and power forwards as well. The team never really threatens a playoff run.
Prediction: 27-31 wins
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18