Dec 15, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
2010-11 record: 39-43
Jerry Sloan… no, wait, Tyrone Corbin
Key Departures: Ronnie Price
Best-Case Scenario: Enes Kanter and Al Jefferson combine like Voltron to be one of the best offensive frontcourts in the league. Devin Harris reminds everybody why they thought the Jason Kidd trade was so stupid when it happened. Andrei Kirilenko and his insane World of Warcraft tattoo returns to the Jazz (an iffy proposition) becomes the player he was when he was putting up 5-by-5s. The Jazz squeak into the playoffs.
More likely scenario: Harris and Kirilenko continue to be relatively underwhelming. Kanter and Jefferson have inefficient offensive seasons, Jefferson continues to be perhaps the worst defensive player in basketball, and Kanter struggles with the athleticism of NBA centers and power forwards as well. The team never really threatens a playoff run.
Prediction: 27-31 wins
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 8
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13