Dec 15, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
2010-11 record: 17-65
Head Coach: Rick Adelman, his first year on the job in Minny.
Best-Case Scenario: Adelman, Rubio and Williams turn the Timberwolves into a run-and-gun force made of tweeners, with Rubio running the break with aplomb. Look, we’re not sure how good the Timberwolves are really going to be, but they are going to be fun to watch. They will have some SportsCenter highlights.
More likely scenario: The Timberwolves are a complete mess full of players with overlapping skills that don’t play defense, and Rubio’s rookie season is disappointing due to his inability to score against NBA defenses.
Prediction: 20-25 wins and a trip to the lottery — which is good for the Hornets who have the rights to their pick.
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 8
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20