Dec 15, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
2010-11 record: 17-65
Head Coach: Rick Adelman, his first year on the job in Minny.
Best-Case Scenario: Adelman, Rubio and Williams turn the Timberwolves into a run-and-gun force made of tweeners, with Rubio running the break with aplomb. Look, we’re not sure how good the Timberwolves are really going to be, but they are going to be fun to watch. They will have some SportsCenter highlights.
More likely scenario: The Timberwolves are a complete mess full of players with overlapping skills that don’t play defense, and Rubio’s rookie season is disappointing due to his inability to score against NBA defenses.
Prediction: 20-25 wins and a trip to the lottery — which is good for the Hornets who have the rights to their pick.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 7
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 30
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 19