Dec 15, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
2010-11 record: 17-65
Head Coach: Rick Adelman, his first year on the job in Minny.
Best-Case Scenario: Adelman, Rubio and Williams turn the Timberwolves into a run-and-gun force made of tweeners, with Rubio running the break with aplomb. Look, we’re not sure how good the Timberwolves are really going to be, but they are going to be fun to watch. They will have some SportsCenter highlights.
More likely scenario: The Timberwolves are a complete mess full of players with overlapping skills that don’t play defense, and Rubio’s rookie season is disappointing due to his inability to score against NBA defenses.
Prediction: 20-25 wins and a trip to the lottery — which is good for the Hornets who have the rights to their pick.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 10
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25