Dec 15, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
2010-11 record: 17-65
Head Coach: Rick Adelman, his first year on the job in Minny.
Best-Case Scenario: Adelman, Rubio and Williams turn the Timberwolves into a run-and-gun force made of tweeners, with Rubio running the break with aplomb. Look, we’re not sure how good the Timberwolves are really going to be, but they are going to be fun to watch. They will have some SportsCenter highlights.
More likely scenario: The Timberwolves are a complete mess full of players with overlapping skills that don’t play defense, and Rubio’s rookie season is disappointing due to his inability to score against NBA defenses.
Prediction: 20-25 wins and a trip to the lottery — which is good for the Hornets who have the rights to their pick.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 4
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5