Dec 15, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
2010-11 record: 17-65
Head Coach: Rick Adelman, his first year on the job in Minny.
Best-Case Scenario: Adelman, Rubio and Williams turn the Timberwolves into a run-and-gun force made of tweeners, with Rubio running the break with aplomb. Look, we’re not sure how good the Timberwolves are really going to be, but they are going to be fun to watch. They will have some SportsCenter highlights.
More likely scenario: The Timberwolves are a complete mess full of players with overlapping skills that don’t play defense, and Rubio’s rookie season is disappointing due to his inability to score against NBA defenses.
Prediction: 20-25 wins and a trip to the lottery — which is good for the Hornets who have the rights to their pick.
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 0
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 4
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 9
- 2014 PBT Awards: Defensive Player of the Year 14
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 14