Dec 15, 2011, 10:35 AM EST
2010-11 record: 37-45
Head Coach: Frank Vogel
Best case scenario: The Pacers build on their spirited 1st round performance against the Bulls, seamlessly integrate David West and George Hill into their frontcourt and backcourt, they run a lot of pick-and-pop with those two and ride the momentum Indy began to accumulate at the end of last season into at least one playoff series win.
Danny Granger reminds everyone why he was once thought of as one of the NBA’s best pure scorers and most underrated players.
More likely scenario: The Pacers do their best and win more games than they lose in the regular season, but end up not quite having enough talent or enough defensive chemistry to get past teams like the Celtics, the Heat, the Bulls, or even the Knicks or Magic in the first round, and lose a heartbreaking 1st-round series in 6 or 7 games. Then Larry Bird retires.
Prediction: 35-38 wins
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 41
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 12
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5