Dec 15, 2011, 6:00 AM EST
2010-11 record: 30-52
Head Coach: Lawrence Frank (in his first year, replacing the disaster that was John Kuester).
Key Additions: Damien Wilkins, Kareem Rush
Best-Case Scenario: Lawrence Frank injects a sense of purpose into the Pistons. Rodney Stuckey re-finds his game. Ben Gordon becomes one of the league’s deadliest scorers again. Charlie Villanueva shows why the Pistons pay him as much as they do. Jonas Jerebko returns from injury to give the team a boost of energy. The team keeps itself in the running for the 8th playoff spot for much of the year.
More Likely Scenario: The Pistons will continue to be a team with no defensive identity, no superstar on offense, and no clear offensive flow. The team aimlessly wanders through the season, winning just enough games to not embarass themselves but never seriously competing for a playoff spot.
Prediction: 24-27 wins
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 8: Kobe Bryant returns 0
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 2
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 5
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 43
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 16
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22