Dec 15, 2011, 6:00 AM EDT
2010-11 record: 30-52
Head Coach: Lawrence Frank (in his first year, replacing the disaster that was John Kuester).
Key Additions: Damien Wilkins, Kareem Rush
Best-Case Scenario: Lawrence Frank injects a sense of purpose into the Pistons. Rodney Stuckey re-finds his game. Ben Gordon becomes one of the league’s deadliest scorers again. Charlie Villanueva shows why the Pistons pay him as much as they do. Jonas Jerebko returns from injury to give the team a boost of energy. The team keeps itself in the running for the 8th playoff spot for much of the year.
More Likely Scenario: The Pistons will continue to be a team with no defensive identity, no superstar on offense, and no clear offensive flow. The team aimlessly wanders through the season, winning just enough games to not embarass themselves but never seriously competing for a playoff spot.
Prediction: 24-27 wins
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 0
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 6
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 14
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 23
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26