Dec 15, 2011, 6:00 AM EDT
2010-11 record: 30-52
Head Coach: Lawrence Frank (in his first year, replacing the disaster that was John Kuester).
Key Additions: Damien Wilkins, Kareem Rush
Best-Case Scenario: Lawrence Frank injects a sense of purpose into the Pistons. Rodney Stuckey re-finds his game. Ben Gordon becomes one of the league’s deadliest scorers again. Charlie Villanueva shows why the Pistons pay him as much as they do. Jonas Jerebko returns from injury to give the team a boost of energy. The team keeps itself in the running for the 8th playoff spot for much of the year.
More Likely Scenario: The Pistons will continue to be a team with no defensive identity, no superstar on offense, and no clear offensive flow. The team aimlessly wanders through the season, winning just enough games to not embarass themselves but never seriously competing for a playoff spot.
Prediction: 24-27 wins
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 2
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 12
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34