Dec 15, 2011, 5:45 PM EST
2010-11 record: 50-32
Head Coach: George Karl
Best-Case Scenario: The Nuggets somehow overcome the loss of Felton and the exodus of Smith, Chandler, and Martin to China, keep playing with the same offensive and defensive efficiency that they played with after the Carmelo trade last season, and make a deep playoff run in the shark tank that is the Western Conference.
More likely scenario: You can’t keep losing talent — your best talent — and still win. The Nuggets have a respectable season and sneak into the playoffs, but don’t come all that close to making it out of the first round.
Prediction: 40-45 wins
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30