Dec 15, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
2010-11 record: 48-34
Head Coach: Nate McMillan
Best-Case Scenario: The Blazers somehow find a way to once again overcome a slew of injuries and use their depth to be a mid-level playoff team in the Western conference. Felton’s speed and shooting add a new dimension to the offense. Gerald Wallace stays healthy all season, the Blazers use their speed to put tons of pressure on teams on both ends of the floor, and the team catches a few breaks and wins a playoff series.
More Likely Scenario: Portland is unable to overcome all the injuries, and once again ends up calling it a season after the first round of the playoffs, and once again has to hope that Greg Oden will be healthy for the 2012-13 season.
Prediction: 36-40 wins.
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 0
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 2
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 9
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 7
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)