Dec 15, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
2010-11 record: 48-34
Head Coach: Nate McMillan
Best-Case Scenario: The Blazers somehow find a way to once again overcome a slew of injuries and use their depth to be a mid-level playoff team in the Western conference. Felton’s speed and shooting add a new dimension to the offense. Gerald Wallace stays healthy all season, the Blazers use their speed to put tons of pressure on teams on both ends of the floor, and the team catches a few breaks and wins a playoff series.
More Likely Scenario: Portland is unable to overcome all the injuries, and once again ends up calling it a season after the first round of the playoffs, and once again has to hope that Greg Oden will be healthy for the 2012-13 season.
Prediction: 36-40 wins.
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 7
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 11
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1