Dec 15, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
2010-11 record: 48-34
Head Coach: Nate McMillan
Best-Case Scenario: The Blazers somehow find a way to once again overcome a slew of injuries and use their depth to be a mid-level playoff team in the Western conference. Felton’s speed and shooting add a new dimension to the offense. Gerald Wallace stays healthy all season, the Blazers use their speed to put tons of pressure on teams on both ends of the floor, and the team catches a few breaks and wins a playoff series.
More Likely Scenario: Portland is unable to overcome all the injuries, and once again ends up calling it a season after the first round of the playoffs, and once again has to hope that Greg Oden will be healthy for the 2012-13 season.
Prediction: 36-40 wins.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4