Dec 15, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
2010-11 record: 48-34
Head Coach: Nate McMillan
Best-Case Scenario: The Blazers somehow find a way to once again overcome a slew of injuries and use their depth to be a mid-level playoff team in the Western conference. Felton’s speed and shooting add a new dimension to the offense. Gerald Wallace stays healthy all season, the Blazers use their speed to put tons of pressure on teams on both ends of the floor, and the team catches a few breaks and wins a playoff series.
More Likely Scenario: Portland is unable to overcome all the injuries, and once again ends up calling it a season after the first round of the playoffs, and once again has to hope that Greg Oden will be healthy for the 2012-13 season.
Prediction: 36-40 wins.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37