Dec 15, 2011, 6:20 PM EDT
2010-11 record: 55-27
Head Coach: Scott Brooks, who his players really like.
Significant Departures: Robert Vaden?
Significant Additions: Reggie Jackson, a personal sleeper favorite in the draft at PBT.
Best-Case Scenario: The slimmed-down Kendrick Perkins and Serge Ibaka are one of the best defensive frontcourts in the league. Russell Westbrook continues to be one of the league’s most most explosive and productive point guards while improving his shot selection and becoming a more efficient player. Kevin Durant is Kevin Durant, but with better handles. James Harden takes his game to another level, the Thunder play all four quarters in the playoffs, and the franchise wins the first championship in its history.
Yes, they are thinking title. They should be.
More likely Scenario: Some, but not all, of the above things happen, and the Thunder come close to a championship, but don’t quite make it past either the Lakers or the Mavericks (or maybe the Heat or the Bulls), but still have perhaps the brightest future in the NBA to look forward to.
Prediction: 48-55 wins
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 29
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 26
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9