Dec 14, 2011, 8:32 AM EDT
Congratulations to Gary Neal, who came up with maybe the most creative injury of the early season.
Well, maybe injury isn’t the right word, but he did need surgery before his appendix burst, so the Spurs guard will miss about the first week of the season or so, according to a tweet from Mike Monroe of the News-Express.
Neal better not expect any sympathy from Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who thinks Neal has it cushy (again from a Monroe tweet).
“Remember when we got our appendixes out? Next day we were shoveling snow. He’s laying in bed.”
That quote sounds like it could have come from Fake Coach Pop, which shows that the line between reality and good satire is a thin one.
- LeBron makes emotional return to Cleveland tonight, new Nike ad shows city standing together (VIDEO) 29
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 12
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 26
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 23
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 9
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 17
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 39