Dec 14, 2011, 8:32 AM EDT
Congratulations to Gary Neal, who came up with maybe the most creative injury of the early season.
Well, maybe injury isn’t the right word, but he did need surgery before his appendix burst, so the Spurs guard will miss about the first week of the season or so, according to a tweet from Mike Monroe of the News-Express.
Neal better not expect any sympathy from Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who thinks Neal has it cushy (again from a Monroe tweet).
“Remember when we got our appendixes out? Next day we were shoveling snow. He’s laying in bed.”
That quote sounds like it could have come from Fake Coach Pop, which shows that the line between reality and good satire is a thin one.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 48
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42