Dec 14, 2011, 8:32 AM EDT
Congratulations to Gary Neal, who came up with maybe the most creative injury of the early season.
Well, maybe injury isn’t the right word, but he did need surgery before his appendix burst, so the Spurs guard will miss about the first week of the season or so, according to a tweet from Mike Monroe of the News-Express.
Neal better not expect any sympathy from Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who thinks Neal has it cushy (again from a Monroe tweet).
“Remember when we got our appendixes out? Next day we were shoveling snow. He’s laying in bed.”
That quote sounds like it could have come from Fake Coach Pop, which shows that the line between reality and good satire is a thin one.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 76
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32