Dec 14, 2011, 8:32 AM EDT
Congratulations to Gary Neal, who came up with maybe the most creative injury of the early season.
Well, maybe injury isn’t the right word, but he did need surgery before his appendix burst, so the Spurs guard will miss about the first week of the season or so, according to a tweet from Mike Monroe of the News-Express.
Neal better not expect any sympathy from Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who thinks Neal has it cushy (again from a Monroe tweet).
“Remember when we got our appendixes out? Next day we were shoveling snow. He’s laying in bed.”
That quote sounds like it could have come from Fake Coach Pop, which shows that the line between reality and good satire is a thin one.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85