Dec 14, 2011, 8:32 AM EDT
Congratulations to Gary Neal, who came up with maybe the most creative injury of the early season.
Well, maybe injury isn’t the right word, but he did need surgery before his appendix burst, so the Spurs guard will miss about the first week of the season or so, according to a tweet from Mike Monroe of the News-Express.
Neal better not expect any sympathy from Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who thinks Neal has it cushy (again from a Monroe tweet).
“Remember when we got our appendixes out? Next day we were shoveling snow. He’s laying in bed.”
That quote sounds like it could have come from Fake Coach Pop, which shows that the line between reality and good satire is a thin one.
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 5
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 10