Dec 14, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Davis will not suit up for a while due to a bulging disk in his back, tweets Sam Amico of Fox Sports. For those of you med students out there, it is between L2 and L3. For those of us without medical degrees that means his lower back hurts a lot.
There is no timetable for his return.
If your first thought was amnesty, the answer is the Cavaliers have to make that decision by Friday or wait an entire year.
This is not bad for the Cavs on the court, really. You need to give Kyrie Irving a baptism by fire if he is going to improve, and he is the starting point guard now and going forward. Ramon Sessions is a quality backup (maybe you can trade him if Davis is healthy).
Not sure how good a mentor Davis would be, but he will be doing that from street clothes for a while.
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 2
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16