Dec 14, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Davis will not suit up for a while due to a bulging disk in his back, tweets Sam Amico of Fox Sports. For those of you med students out there, it is between L2 and L3. For those of us without medical degrees that means his lower back hurts a lot.
There is no timetable for his return.
If your first thought was amnesty, the answer is the Cavaliers have to make that decision by Friday or wait an entire year.
This is not bad for the Cavs on the court, really. You need to give Kyrie Irving a baptism by fire if he is going to improve, and he is the starting point guard now and going forward. Ramon Sessions is a quality backup (maybe you can trade him if Davis is healthy).
Not sure how good a mentor Davis would be, but he will be doing that from street clothes for a while.
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 1
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 44
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 43