Dec 14, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Davis will not suit up for a while due to a bulging disk in his back, tweets Sam Amico of Fox Sports. For those of you med students out there, it is between L2 and L3. For those of us without medical degrees that means his lower back hurts a lot.
There is no timetable for his return.
If your first thought was amnesty, the answer is the Cavaliers have to make that decision by Friday or wait an entire year.
This is not bad for the Cavs on the court, really. You need to give Kyrie Irving a baptism by fire if he is going to improve, and he is the starting point guard now and going forward. Ramon Sessions is a quality backup (maybe you can trade him if Davis is healthy).
Not sure how good a mentor Davis would be, but he will be doing that from street clothes for a while.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50