Dec 14, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Davis will not suit up for a while due to a bulging disk in his back, tweets Sam Amico of Fox Sports. For those of you med students out there, it is between L2 and L3. For those of us without medical degrees that means his lower back hurts a lot.
There is no timetable for his return.
If your first thought was amnesty, the answer is the Cavaliers have to make that decision by Friday or wait an entire year.
This is not bad for the Cavs on the court, really. You need to give Kyrie Irving a baptism by fire if he is going to improve, and he is the starting point guard now and going forward. Ramon Sessions is a quality backup (maybe you can trade him if Davis is healthy).
Not sure how good a mentor Davis would be, but he will be doing that from street clothes for a while.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 3
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 15
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 4
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 46
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 36
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23