Dec 14, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
Davis will not suit up for a while due to a bulging disk in his back, tweets Sam Amico of Fox Sports. For those of you med students out there, it is between L2 and L3. For those of us without medical degrees that means his lower back hurts a lot.
There is no timetable for his return.
If your first thought was amnesty, the answer is the Cavaliers have to make that decision by Friday or wait an entire year.
This is not bad for the Cavs on the court, really. You need to give Kyrie Irving a baptism by fire if he is going to improve, and he is the starting point guard now and going forward. Ramon Sessions is a quality backup (maybe you can trade him if Davis is healthy).
Not sure how good a mentor Davis would be, but he will be doing that from street clothes for a while.
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 0
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 4
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 4
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)