Dec 13, 2011, 10:25 AM EDT
Our morning look around the NBA with stories worth reading and notes that are not their own post here at PBT.
Pat Riley says the Heat remind him of the Showtime Lakers.
Meanwhile the Raptors have signed Anthony Carter. That takes care of all the key Anthony free agents.
The 76ers traded season tickets for twitter handles. They seem serious about these new mascots.
Danny Ainge is still looking for a reliable center. I hear Oklahoma City has one… oh, yea. Sorry.
How the Atlanta Hawks are like a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie.
The Rockets are thinking about using their amnesty clause on Hasheem Thabeet.
Rumors are still floating around that Rudy Fernandez will ask the Mavericks to let him return to Europe. They will not by the way. These rumors pretty much all come out of Europe, but we pass them along.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18