Dec 13, 2011, 10:25 AM EDT
Our morning look around the NBA with stories worth reading and notes that are not their own post here at PBT.
Pat Riley says the Heat remind him of the Showtime Lakers.
Meanwhile the Raptors have signed Anthony Carter. That takes care of all the key Anthony free agents.
The 76ers traded season tickets for twitter handles. They seem serious about these new mascots.
Danny Ainge is still looking for a reliable center. I hear Oklahoma City has one… oh, yea. Sorry.
How the Atlanta Hawks are like a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie.
The Rockets are thinking about using their amnesty clause on Hasheem Thabeet.
Rumors are still floating around that Rudy Fernandez will ask the Mavericks to let him return to Europe. They will not by the way. These rumors pretty much all come out of Europe, but we pass them along.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 4
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 23
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29