Dec 13, 2011, 10:25 AM EST
Our morning look around the NBA with stories worth reading and notes that are not their own post here at PBT.
Pat Riley says the Heat remind him of the Showtime Lakers.
Meanwhile the Raptors have signed Anthony Carter. That takes care of all the key Anthony free agents.
The 76ers traded season tickets for twitter handles. They seem serious about these new mascots.
Danny Ainge is still looking for a reliable center. I hear Oklahoma City has one… oh, yea. Sorry.
How the Atlanta Hawks are like a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie.
The Rockets are thinking about using their amnesty clause on Hasheem Thabeet.
Rumors are still floating around that Rudy Fernandez will ask the Mavericks to let him return to Europe. They will not by the way. These rumors pretty much all come out of Europe, but we pass them along.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 2
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 9
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29