Dec 13, 2011, 1:56 PM EDT
What’s more, Mayo was told he would not be traded anywhere. The fact that the Grizzlies Xavier Henry is out for a month with torn ligaments in his ankle may tie into the Grizzlies decision.
The Grizzlies are going to go into this season with much the same team that made the big playoff run last year, save for Shane Battier being out and Rudy Gay being healthy. There is a lot of potential in that roster, but can they really compete with the elite of the West will be the test.
McRoberts is an unrestricted free agent (the Mayo deal was to be a sign-and-trade) and while the Grizzlies would like to get him reports are McRoberts could be headed to Los Angeles to take Lamar Odom’s role as the first big off the bench (although hopefully with less ball handling and fewer Kardashians).
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 0
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 5
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 12
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 13
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 11