Dec 13, 2011, 1:56 PM EST
What’s more, Mayo was told he would not be traded anywhere. The fact that the Grizzlies Xavier Henry is out for a month with torn ligaments in his ankle may tie into the Grizzlies decision.
The Grizzlies are going to go into this season with much the same team that made the big playoff run last year, save for Shane Battier being out and Rudy Gay being healthy. There is a lot of potential in that roster, but can they really compete with the elite of the West will be the test.
McRoberts is an unrestricted free agent (the Mayo deal was to be a sign-and-trade) and while the Grizzlies would like to get him reports are McRoberts could be headed to Los Angeles to take Lamar Odom’s role as the first big off the bench (although hopefully with less ball handling and fewer Kardashians).
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 2
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30