Dec 13, 2011, 1:56 PM EDT
What’s more, Mayo was told he would not be traded anywhere. The fact that the Grizzlies Xavier Henry is out for a month with torn ligaments in his ankle may tie into the Grizzlies decision.
The Grizzlies are going to go into this season with much the same team that made the big playoff run last year, save for Shane Battier being out and Rudy Gay being healthy. There is a lot of potential in that roster, but can they really compete with the elite of the West will be the test.
McRoberts is an unrestricted free agent (the Mayo deal was to be a sign-and-trade) and while the Grizzlies would like to get him reports are McRoberts could be headed to Los Angeles to take Lamar Odom’s role as the first big off the bench (although hopefully with less ball handling and fewer Kardashians).
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 12
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 38
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19