Dec 13, 2011, 1:56 PM EST
What’s more, Mayo was told he would not be traded anywhere. The fact that the Grizzlies Xavier Henry is out for a month with torn ligaments in his ankle may tie into the Grizzlies decision.
The Grizzlies are going to go into this season with much the same team that made the big playoff run last year, save for Shane Battier being out and Rudy Gay being healthy. There is a lot of potential in that roster, but can they really compete with the elite of the West will be the test.
McRoberts is an unrestricted free agent (the Mayo deal was to be a sign-and-trade) and while the Grizzlies would like to get him reports are McRoberts could be headed to Los Angeles to take Lamar Odom’s role as the first big off the bench (although hopefully with less ball handling and fewer Kardashians).
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 0
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 4
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 4
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)