Dec 13, 2011, 12:15 PM EST
Kwame Brown is back on the West Coast, alert the cake makers in the Bay Area.
The Warriors have been looking for a big man not named Andris Biedrins (who many expected they would amnesty, but instead Charlie Bell got those honors after he showed up drunk to his DUI hearing). The Warriors went hard after Tyson Chandler early but he was in a New York state of mind, then they signed DeAndre Jordan to an offer sheet but the Clippers matched it.
So Kwame Brown it is.
Most people instantly think of Kwame Brown the first pick bust, the guy beat down by Michael Jordan, but he has developed into a serviceable backup center if you don’t have to run him 30 minutes a night. He is a good man-on-man defender on the block and a reasonable rebounder. Stephen Curry shouldn’t hit him with a lot of passes, don’t expect great anticipation on defensive rotations. Don’t expect much. If Brown had been drafted at the end of the first round or second round, he’d just be another non-descript NBA big man and we’d all shrug at this signing.
He’s not worth $7 million, but when desperate you overpay. It’s for one year, so it’s not that bad a pickup.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 0
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 2
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12