Dec 13, 2011, 12:15 PM EDT
Kwame Brown is back on the West Coast, alert the cake makers in the Bay Area.
The Warriors have been looking for a big man not named Andris Biedrins (who many expected they would amnesty, but instead Charlie Bell got those honors after he showed up drunk to his DUI hearing). The Warriors went hard after Tyson Chandler early but he was in a New York state of mind, then they signed DeAndre Jordan to an offer sheet but the Clippers matched it.
So Kwame Brown it is.
Most people instantly think of Kwame Brown the first pick bust, the guy beat down by Michael Jordan, but he has developed into a serviceable backup center if you don’t have to run him 30 minutes a night. He is a good man-on-man defender on the block and a reasonable rebounder. Stephen Curry shouldn’t hit him with a lot of passes, don’t expect great anticipation on defensive rotations. Don’t expect much. If Brown had been drafted at the end of the first round or second round, he’d just be another non-descript NBA big man and we’d all shrug at this signing.
He’s not worth $7 million, but when desperate you overpay. It’s for one year, so it’s not that bad a pickup.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 18
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 19
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4