Jamal Crawford thinking Portland or New York (not Indiana)

Dec 13, 2011, 10:03 PM EDT

Image (1) JCrawford_layup-thumb-250x200-19260.jpg for post 3929

Jamal Crawford doesn’t know what to do. Don’t take my word for it, this was his tweet Monday night.

There’s pro’s and cons about the remaining teams I could be playing for this year..#confused

Who are those teams? Well, not Indiana — Larry Bird offered two years, $10 million to Crawford but he shot that down, according to Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star.

One of the teams is the Knicks — a tempting offer for Crawford but they can only offer the mini mid-level exception of $2.5 million.

Another is the Kings, who can offer $5 million and a starting spot where he would get a lot of shots, according to Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated.

Then there is Portland, which has had LaMarcus Aldridge has been recruiting him and who also has offered two years, $10 million, according to Jason Quick of the Oregonian. We should add that Crawford makes his off-season home in the Pacific northwest.

So what is it for Crawford? Play for a Knicks team that will be one of the top teams in the East (if they are really on the level of the Heat and Bulls is up for debate) or make twice the money to play near his home in Portland? Or make Portland money and rack up stats as a primary option for the Kings? In every case expect a one-year deal for Crawford so he can be a free agent again next summer and make closer to the $10 million he made last season.

There are pros and cons to both offers. It’s confusing. It is the choice in front of Jamal Crawford.

1. cordellgc - Dec 13, 2011 at 10:29 PM

how do you think he is going to get shots in Sacramento? have u seen that roster? not many pass first guy on that team, plus they got the NBA version of tebow that’s got to get his.

2. a185 - Dec 13, 2011 at 10:42 PM

The Knicks out of all the teams left on his list have a better shot at finishing higher and possibly going further in the playoffs and if he doesn’t start he’ll definitely finish games. He was a bright spot the last time he played in NYC

3. dalucks - Dec 13, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Head to Rip City. They have 20 shots a game waiting on you.

4. albie23 - Dec 13, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Nah, he should go to Portland. I believe they will be a better fit for him than the Knicks and there will also be less drama.

5. thenoblefacehumper - Dec 13, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Stating my bias now: I’m a die hard Knicks fan. That said, if he comes to New York I think we’d have a legit shot at any team in the East in a 7 game series.

6. yournuts - Dec 14, 2011 at 12:41 AM

I hope he goes to NY. The Knicks will make the difference up in the future.

7. portlax12 - Dec 14, 2011 at 5:48 AM

Even though Crawford is more of a scorer than a facilitator and its not exactly the perfect fit in the Knicks offense, he has to be better than Mike Bibby and Tony Douglas.With Crawford, Fields, Douglas, and Bibby, I think the Knicks backcourt will be good enough to let them seriously contend. For those reasons I hope Crawford comes to NY. However, I think at this stage of his career he has to go to the highest bidder. If it were a slight variation in salaries, I could understand why he would seriously consider NY. But Portland and Sacramento are literally offering him twice the annual salary that the Knicks are. I think he would be crazy to leave all that money on the table.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches