Dec 13, 2011, 10:03 PM EDT
There’s pro’s and cons about the remaining teams I could be playing for this year..#confused
Who are those teams? Well, not Indiana — Larry Bird offered two years, $10 million to Crawford but he shot that down, according to Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star.
One of the teams is the Knicks — a tempting offer for Crawford but they can only offer the mini mid-level exception of $2.5 million.
Another is the Kings, who can offer $5 million and a starting spot where he would get a lot of shots, according to Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated.
Then there is Portland, which has had LaMarcus Aldridge has been recruiting him and who also has offered two years, $10 million, according to Jason Quick of the Oregonian. We should add that Crawford makes his off-season home in the Pacific northwest.
So what is it for Crawford? Play for a Knicks team that will be one of the top teams in the East (if they are really on the level of the Heat and Bulls is up for debate) or make twice the money to play near his home in Portland? Or make Portland money and rack up stats as a primary option for the Kings? In every case expect a one-year deal for Crawford so he can be a free agent again next summer and make closer to the $10 million he made last season.
There are pros and cons to both offers. It’s confusing. It is the choice in front of Jamal Crawford.
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 1
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 3
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 1
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 11
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 36
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars