Dec 13, 2011, 10:03 PM EST
There’s pro’s and cons about the remaining teams I could be playing for this year..#confused
Who are those teams? Well, not Indiana — Larry Bird offered two years, $10 million to Crawford but he shot that down, according to Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star.
One of the teams is the Knicks — a tempting offer for Crawford but they can only offer the mini mid-level exception of $2.5 million.
Another is the Kings, who can offer $5 million and a starting spot where he would get a lot of shots, according to Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated.
Then there is Portland, which has had LaMarcus Aldridge has been recruiting him and who also has offered two years, $10 million, according to Jason Quick of the Oregonian. We should add that Crawford makes his off-season home in the Pacific northwest.
So what is it for Crawford? Play for a Knicks team that will be one of the top teams in the East (if they are really on the level of the Heat and Bulls is up for debate) or make twice the money to play near his home in Portland? Or make Portland money and rack up stats as a primary option for the Kings? In every case expect a one-year deal for Crawford so he can be a free agent again next summer and make closer to the $10 million he made last season.
There are pros and cons to both offers. It’s confusing. It is the choice in front of Jamal Crawford.
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 45
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22