Dec 13, 2011, 10:03 PM EDT
There’s pro’s and cons about the remaining teams I could be playing for this year..#confused
Who are those teams? Well, not Indiana — Larry Bird offered two years, $10 million to Crawford but he shot that down, according to Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star.
One of the teams is the Knicks — a tempting offer for Crawford but they can only offer the mini mid-level exception of $2.5 million.
Another is the Kings, who can offer $5 million and a starting spot where he would get a lot of shots, according to Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated.
Then there is Portland, which has had LaMarcus Aldridge has been recruiting him and who also has offered two years, $10 million, according to Jason Quick of the Oregonian. We should add that Crawford makes his off-season home in the Pacific northwest.
So what is it for Crawford? Play for a Knicks team that will be one of the top teams in the East (if they are really on the level of the Heat and Bulls is up for debate) or make twice the money to play near his home in Portland? Or make Portland money and rack up stats as a primary option for the Kings? In every case expect a one-year deal for Crawford so he can be a free agent again next summer and make closer to the $10 million he made last season.
There are pros and cons to both offers. It’s confusing. It is the choice in front of Jamal Crawford.
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 0
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 26
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 26
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23